Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update

Tucker70
Aspirant

Firmware update

I downloaded the new Nighthawk app for my R8500 router onto my iphone but not able to do the update it just keeps the symbol as if updating and never does.  Not able to sign in, do I need to pay for the update or service? 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Tucker70
Aspirant

I will try both and see if it works then, Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

It keeps updating on your phone?

Know this sounds stupid but have you tried either restarting the phone or uninstalling and then reinstalling the app?

Message 2 of 7
Tucker70
Aspirant

no it tries the update and then comes up with the message to TRY AGAIN but never does the update

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Did you try the restart or uninstall-reinstall?

Message 4 of 7
Tucker70
Aspirant

I will try both and see if it works then, Thanks

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Read your post a little fast. Went back to re-read. Are you attempting to update the firmware for the R8500 over the app and the app won't update the firmware?

If so, there's a couple other ways to try.

1. Log into the R8500 from the browser on your phone to see if it'll auto update from there.

2. manually update. Best to do over a hardwired connection. The link at the bottom will have the manual and firmware. You can download it manually and follow that update procedure.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R8500.aspx

Sorry was reading to fast and thought you were struggling to update the app. 

Message 6 of 7

@plemans wrote:

Are you attempting to update the firmware for the R8500 over the app and the app won't update the firmware?

If so, there's a couple other ways to try.

1. Log into the R8500 from the browser on your phone to see if it'll auto update from there.

2. manually update. Best to do over a hardwired connection. The link at the bottom will have the manual and firmware. You can download it manually and follow that update procedure.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R8500.aspx

That's the way to do it, but with the cautionary advice that if there are other ways to update the device, avoid using a wifi connection. Use a wired PC.

Sorry was reading to fast and thought you were struggling to update the app. 

Easily done when someone posts in the apps section of this community.

They might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7