Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie: 2.4.2 Device-based parental controls filtering keeps reverting back to "Default"

rtdeloatch
Aspirant

Genie: 2.4.2 Device-based parental controls filtering keeps reverting back to "Default"

This problem still persists again. A previous fix was made, but I am having the same issue with Genie verison 2.4.22 for MAC, using the wireless N router. The deve-based parrental controls do not persists nor do their effects work on the specified device.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Genie: 2.4.2 Device-based parental controls filtering keeps reverting back to "Default&q...

Hi @rtdeloatch,

1. What is the model number and firmware version of your device?

2. Please try setting the filtering level on another device (iOS, Android, another computer).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Genie: 2.4.2 Device-based parental controls filtering keeps reverting back to "Default&q...

Hi @rtdeloatch,

1. What is the model number and firmware version of your device?

2. Please try setting the filtering level on another device (iOS, Android, another computer).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rtdeloatch,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
rtdeloatch
Aspirant

Re: Genie: 2.4.2 Device-based parental controls filtering keeps reverting back to "Default&

Hi I was able to change the settings using the Genie App, so I no longer have the problem (though I still can't change it on my MAC computer). So the problem is sort of resolved. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7