Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie App not working after FW upgrade 1.04.18_1.1.52

velnias
Novice

Genie App not working after FW upgrade 1.04.18_1.1.52

Been searching the forum for this elsewhere and haven't found any reference to it, so apologies in advance if it's been mentioned elsewhere.

After upgrade to 1.04.18_1.1.52, Netgear Genie app on my Android tablet and on my iPhone have stopped working. Tried uninstall/reinstall of apps on both devices and I still get the same error: "The network connection is busy, try again later. If it fails constantly, power cycle your Netgear router and try again." which I've done twice now.

I tried a factory reset today and the issue persists. Additionally, the Genie program on Windows will not log in to the router. It times out with a password error, even with the default Admin factory password; "Login failed. The router response timed out."

Anyone else seeing these issues? I don't regularly use the PC Desktop app, but it helps the family when I'm not available to make changes. The mobile apps however, I use frequently.
Message 1 of 11
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you access the router OK from a browser e.g. http://192.168.1.1 ?
Message 2 of 11
HiSpeed
Guide

Velnias, Netgear Genie on Android is not good, I mean it doesn't work properly with the R7000 firmware.
I've been obliged to delete it definitely after I saw some parameters erased without reason into my R7000.
Use a direct access instead.
Message 3 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.4.18

New Features & Enhancements:

Did you download latest genie app?
Message 4 of 11
HiSpeed
Guide

Searay, I used the last version.

Further more I didn't do any real remote access, I tried only to display a network map before to see 3 device names erased into the device connected list... :eek:
Message 5 of 11
southland
Tutor

Hi guys,

I have the same issue here trying to log with the Genie App on iphone.

I can access my router on the browser, also genie app on my mac running OS X normally, but never been able to log in with the genie app on my iphone.

Please fix this NETGEAR.

Error message "Failed to log into the router power cycle the router and try again"

Thanks,

Message 6 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @southland,

May I know if you have tried resetting and reconfiguring the router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 11
Avidacutus
Aspirant

Same here , can't log into router with genie and iPhone, everything was perfect until one day ... I reconfigure the router I have the last vs of app and latest known firmware , however I did perform a reset after I couldn't log into
Message 8 of 11
Avidacutus
Aspirant

Message 9 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Avidacutus,

1. What is the model number and firmware version of the router?

2. What version of the NETGEAR Genie app do you have installed on the iPhone?

3. Are you able to login to the router through the NETGEAR Genie app on another device (computer, other smartphone, tablet)?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 10 of 11
Paul12000
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue as well. Updated firmware and the genie app for Android stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled app. My router is the wnr2000v5, using newest genie app, firmware 1.0.0.42.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7