Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie App

Genie App

Can I use the Genie app to test wifi speed to the router? (Not internet, I'm trying to isolate a slow connection, my ISP says their DSL is working perfectly.)
Message 1 of 5

Re: Genie App

Maybe you could tell people what hardware you want to test.

Wifi speed from what to the router?

Message 2 of 5
mondenath
Prodigy

Yes you can .

Just connect an USB 3.0 pendrive and copy say 200-500Mb files and try to copy via turbo transfer which is the fastest transfer that can be made via all available channels at maximum bandwidth.

if you are say able to transfer upto100mb+ or 12MB/s then you are good to go. As most phone might struggle more than 100mbps unless its octo core

Message 3 of 5

Hoping for more of an ookla-type speed test from any device with the Genie app. In other words, if I notice a slow down I'd like to first test to the router, then test to the ISP. If my test to the router says wifi is normal, then a test to the ISP may show the slow down is in the network - telco side of the NID.
Message 4 of 5
IrvSp
Master

This PROGRAM works well for me.

However you need a host and client that has a device you can write too. A USB drive on the router works fine.

THIS LINK has other choices that might work better for you.

I don't think you can get speeds better than the ISP's numbers though. I've found when the router has to handle access to the USB drive it is slower than PC to PC.

There are so many variables either PC to USB on the router or PC to PC even if it is slower it would be difficult I'd think to know the root cause.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7