Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie Program runs in a tiny non-resizable window

24marathonman
Aspirant

Genie Program runs in a tiny non-resizable window

Genie program runs in a tiny non-resizable window on a Dell XPS 15 laptop running Windows 10.  It is unusable unless drastic reduction in resolution.  Any fix for this?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
24marathonman
Aspirant

Re: Genie Program runs in a tiny non-resizable window

I just saw the thread about using the http://www.routerlogin.net web site and it works fine.  So problem solved or at least a good alternative solution.  Does the iPhone app do the same thing as Genie?

Message 2 of 5

@24marathonman wrote:

Genie program runs in a tiny non-resizable window on a Dell XPS 15 laptop running Windows 10.

I assume that this is the Windows desktop genie. Which version of the genie?

A lot of software had to catch up with high definition monitors.

Message 3 of 5

@24marathonman wrote:

I just saw the thread about using the http://www.routerlogin.net web site and it works fine. 

That's not a "website" as most people understand it, something out there on the web. It is just the local browser interface that gets you into the local controls for the hardware. It works, and has to, even without an internet connection.

Many people prefer the browser interface to the desktop genie app because it offers more control over what is going on in.

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The probem is not the high res display - the root of the issue does start with the ****id Windows configuration these systems are delivered for scaling up things to huge font and graphics size. The deeper sense of a high res display is to show more of everything, and not scale up 200, 300 or 400%. Enough that some Web destroyers are scaling up Web pages like this community beyond all odds, so we have to scale down the browser (as I don't want to read the display from 10 meters away, just when sitting in the front of the computer).

Microsoft does suggest some 100% or 125% on some high density displays for a reason. But yes, the Apps should be workable and adopt even to silly configurations.

Convinced we discussed this not so long ago already in this community.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7