Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie Window Size NOT resolved! 2.4.50

richlife69
Star

Genie Window Size NOT resolved! 2.4.50

I've seen the suggestion to change the screen resolution to a lower opiton to get the Genie window to a readable size, but that does NOT work and it is a ridiculous proposal.   With a high resolution screen, I want and need the highest resolution possible for design work.  Genie is clearly at fault as it is the ONLY software that does not display properly.  Two releases back, it started this, but reset itself to work correctly.  Beginning with 2.4.28, the tiny window is permenently unreadable without a magnifier.  At 2.4.50, I hoped for relief, but same problem.  

And I tried the "solution" to move to a lower resolution and then back.  The lower resolution does make the window readable, but as soon as I reboot with the higher resolution, the problem reverts.  

Win10 Pro 1709, Lenovo Yoga

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
cafequeen0718
Initiate

Re: Genie Window Size NOT resolved! 2.4.50

I am having the exact same problem.  The latest software update from Dec 2017 for the Netgear Genie app has the resolution set too small.  I attempted to fix it by the following steps I used before on an older update...but it does not work on the latest Genie update. 

THESE STEPS DOES NOT WORK BELOW:  

1. Right click on the NETGEAR Genie app icon on the desktop and select Properties.

2. Click on the Compatibility tab.

3. Check the box for Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

4. Click Apply then OK.

5. Exit the NETGEAR Genie app by right clicking on the icon on the system tray and select Exit.

6. Open the app again and check if it worked.

7. If it did not, you may follow the same steps from 1 to 2 then check the box for Run in 640 x 480 resolution and follow steps 4 to 6.

Please provide solution.  The Netgear Genie app cannot be used due to the tiny resolution.  Impossible to read on my 15 inch screen.

I have a 6 month old Dell laptop with Windows 10.

Feeling frustrated...Cafequeen0718

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 3
SASpurs1
Initiate

Re: Genie Window Size NOT resolved! 2.4.50

Yes, I too, bought a new high end laptop for design and Netgear Genie is so small it is totally unusable. Why did you bother upgrading the app if you didn't add a compatability fix or scaling fix. You can't drag the app to even see any of the items in you connectivity page. Sorry Netgear is so far behind the times. My next Router won't be Netgear.

-SASpurs1

Model: Genie|Desktop Mobile and Product Setup Genie
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7