Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie application

alexmac
Aspirant

Genie application

I see that the dgnd3700v1 is not on the list of compatible routers for the genie application. Is this another sign that I idiotically bought a sunset product?

Message 1 of 9
w3wilkes
Prodigy

What?? You also want support after buying one of the most expensive modem/routers for home out there? :eek:
Message 2 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You should done your homework.
Message 3 of 9
alexmac
Aspirant

When I buy from a supposedly reputable company I would expect that if they discover that there are fundamental issues with the quality of the model a product recall should be initiated rather than quietly issuing a V2.
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

"Every" manufacture comes out with new products and V# is also an update to prior models as hardware changes and other technology gets updates. This not " recall" issues. V1 did not had hardware to support new technology "Genie".

Don't blame manufacture because you did not do homework before purchase. Everybody has rights to looks website for all the feature available.

Recall consist of major flow in the design or other matter.
Message 5 of 9
alexmac
Aspirant

if there is no design flaw why no further development? and considering I bought it a year ago I did not have the benefit of hindsight!!

You are clearly a Netgear fanatic if you accept this kind of garbage from them as there is no way a 1 year old router becomes a sunset product in that space of time unless there were fundamental problems that had not been admitted by the producer,
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

technology growth...

complain netgear and pursue your thoughts.

forum is user to user and fact is fact.
Message 7 of 9
w3wilkes
Prodigy

According to this thread on this board
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=74328
the v1 is being replaced by the v2 as a result of hardware stability problems. At least that is what's quoted in the thread from a message the user received from Netgear support.
Message 8 of 9
alexmac
Aspirant

thanks for the feedback as it supports my logic on the vendors approach to product support. Interestingly when I approached the Netgear suuport team on the problems I was having I was offered the beta software 1.0.0.19 but with the clear statement that it is not supported by Netgear.

In my view that is no way to deliver client support
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7