Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie won't login

DiggerDawson
Aspirant

Genie won't login

When I I try to login through Genie the login screen appears with my credentials already displayed but then stops with the report that my router is not connected or not supported.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

How are you connecting to the D7800?

Ethernet? Wifi?

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac application, or an Android/iThing app.

Message 2 of 4
DiggerDawson
Aspirant

I'm connecting through WiFi from a PC running Windows 10.  I have two programs called "Netgear Genie." One just gives me the Wifi info. The other shows Internet, WiFI COnnection, Router settings, Network map, Parental Controls and Ready Share on its HOME screen. Router setting says "Click here" which leads me to a login screen for the router. Then the problem mentioned above.

Message 3 of 4

A wired connection is better, but if you plan to use wifi remember that you have to connect to the wifi before you can connect to the router's interface.

The wifi SSID and password are not the same as the router login and password.

The bit of the genie that has router settings, also has an option to add the IP address manually. If it will not connect then you could try feeding in 192.168.1.1 which seems to be the default for this device. (Most modems use 192.168.0.1.)

You could also try connecting to the device with a browser. This can be simpler and offers more control.

Then there is this:

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7