Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie

dhester
Aspirant

Genie

I have updated to the latest firmware V1.0.2.36_1.0.28 and cant use th e PC version of Genie as it won't let me login. I am sure I was able to do this with the previous firmware, I could change the firmware to see but I have had problems flashing the firmware in the past.

Can anyone confirm that Genie works on other firmware.

Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

hard reset the router after flashing firmware. test again after that
Message 2 of 9
dhester
Aspirant

Done hard reset, still not able to login via genie. I can login using the ip or routerlogin.net method. Is this a firmware problem or is this a problem with genie software?
Message 3 of 9
Mark_K
Tutor

Uninstall the S/w on your PC and reinsall it.
Message 4 of 9
dhester
Aspirant

Done that, also installed ir on two of my other computers, one wired one wireless and still can't login.

Might try downgrading firmware.
Message 5 of 9
madhatter
Apprentice

dhester wrote:
I have updated to the latest firmware V1.0.2.36_1.0.28 and cant use th e PC version of Genie as it won't let me login. I am sure I was able to do this with the previous firmware, I could change the firmware to see but I have had problems flashing the firmware in the past.

Can anyone confirm that Genie works on other firmware.

It works for me. Now, are you by any chance connecting via the Guest wireless SSID? And if so, do you have Enable Wireless Isolation checked? do you have Allow guest to access My Local Network checked?
Message 6 of 9
dhester
Aspirant

I have guest turned off. This should only effect the wireless connection, I also can't login from a wired connection.

I am going to "downgrade" the firmware to see if I can use genie.
Message 7 of 9
dhester
Aspirant

"downgraded" the firmware and genie worked, then flashed latest firmware and it now works.

I usually use the ip of the router to get access to settings so the fact that I could not use genie was not a problem, however I like to think that advertised features should work.
Message 8 of 9
Mark_K
Tutor

Glad to see you resolve youe issue.

I would have never thought that reseting and reinstalling the upgrade would have worked.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7