Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hod I port forward with nighthawk tri-band ax8

Coolpurple
Follower

Hod I port forward with nighthawk tri-band ax8

I’ve been trying to set up port forwarding on the nighthawk tri band ax8 router I got today so I can set up an server for me and my friends to play on and I’ve tried following multiple guides but some of the stuff they want me to do I can’t find when I try to follow their instructions.
Message 1 of 2

Re: Hod I port forward with nighthawk tri-band ax8

@Coolpurple wrote:
I’ve been trying to set up port forwarding on the nighthawk tri band ax8 router I got today so I can set up an server for me and my friends to play on and I’ve tried following multiple guides but some of the stuff they want me to do I can’t find when I try to follow their instructions.

Are you trying to do with with the Nighthawk App? You have posted your question in the section for that.

Many of the finer controls aren't available in the app. They are better done with the browser graphical user interface (GUI) and wired connection to a PC.

We don't know which of these "multiple guides" you have read. Did they include the manual for your Netgear device?

Talk of a "nighthawk tri-band ax8" doesn't tell us what you own. AX8 is just a wifi technology. Netgear makes a bunch of "AX8" devices.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7