Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hours now trying to get anywhere access to work

Kelie
Aspirant

Hours now trying to get anywhere access to work

Bought new r6700v3 last week. Have been on various chats and reflashed, factory updated, uninstall app, cleared cache in app, cleared data.... Hours now trying to get anywhere access to work. I have to believe it's the latest app update since I've been using it for 2 years without problems. I'm thinking tplink with their tether app is much better

Message 1 of 4

Re: Hours now trying to get anywhere access to work

@Kelie wrote:

Hours now trying to get anywhere access to work. I have to believe it's the latest app update since I've been using it for 2 years without problems.

You don't say how it is broken – which app you use, for example –  but I can't recall widespread reports of Anywhere Access failing.

You could confirm your theory by using older firmware.

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR ...

The Nighthawk or Orbi app on my Apple iOS device only connects to my router or mesh system with Anyw...

Message 2 of 4
Kelie
Aspirant

I'm on Samsung phone S10. I know it's not the phone since I've used it previously. I tried loading on friend's phone also(recommended to try in one of the support chats). Nighthawk is the app. Where can I find previous versions? Thank you for any help. Standard guides to turn on the access doesn't really help.
I can connect locally, shows on line, i can change configuration. Can reboot. But anywhere access just keeps saying try again something went wrong. Google play store shows a lot of bad reviews for this problem recently. A search shows more.... Maybe rolling back to previous version of nighthawk..... Just how
Message 3 of 4

@Kelie wrote:
I'm on Samsung phone S10. I know it's not the phone since I've used it previously.

I wish I had your confidence. Assuming that you know where the problem is really doesn't help to identify what the issue is.

There are several variables in there. Samsung updates phones and that can break things.

Then there is the Netgear app. And, as we know only too well, new versions of that can also break things.

The third variable can be the firmware on your router. New firmware on that can also break things.

We have seen examples of all three of those here, although mostly with iPhones..

Where can I find previous versions?

For firmware, visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Standard guides to turn on the access doesn't really help.

I added that because you told us nothing useful about your system or what was happening at your end.

Those details are essential for an informed analysis of what is going wrong.

Google play store shows a lot of bad reviews for this problem recently. A search shows more.... Maybe rolling back to previous version of nighthawk..... Just how

The latest version of the Nighthawk works fine on my Samsung phone. I have two routers that I regularly get at with Anywhere Access. And as I said I haven;t seen a flood of complaints here.

It certainly isn't flawless:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – "anywhere access"

Unfortunately given the few messages that have turned up, it is hard to determine any pattern. But there may be a few clues there.

Solved: Re: Anywhere Accees "Something went wrong" after F... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7