Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do you get NetGenie Network Map to show all devices and what to do if it doesn't?

ChristmasPi
Initiate

How do you get NetGenie Network Map to show all devices and what to do if it doesn't?

I've noticed that when I use an Android device running the NetGenie app, not all devices on my home network show up on the Network map.

My worry is that if I give one of my devices a custom parental controls filtering level and all of a sudden, it doesn't show up, how do I go about resetting that device back to a default or for that matter another custom filtering level?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
Pluto8
Apprentice

Re: How do you get NetGenie Network Map to show all devices and what to do if it doesn't?

You may have the same problem as I have, although I use iPad and iPhone. I posted a description of my problem in this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Genie/Genie-app-not-displaying-all-devices/m-p/1075692#U1075692

I see this problem only with Genie on iPad and iPhone. If I do a number of refreshes, the missing device(s) may suddenly be drawn. When I use the Genie app on PC, all devices are drawn. And when I log in to the router and check the Attached Devices table, all devices are listed. I have 15-20 devices connected to the router.

I have more or less given up on this - "that's the way it is".

Message 2 of 4

Re : How do you get NetGenie Network Map to show all devices and what to do if it doesn't?

The genie app is realy lazy and not showing the entire map it should be really a piece of cake to develop such feature in the next update.

When your network is crowdy as mine up to 30-40 (when parties) the app can't see the all picture such a shame when pro tools are available.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
Futant
Aspirant

Do you know you can swipe left to see other devices that can't fit on the first page?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7