Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I can't get my router R6400 to talk to my smart tv

Dharris12
Aspirant

I can't get my router R6400 to talk to my smart tv

Message 1 of 8

Re: I can't get my router R6400 to talk to my smart tv

You don't give us much to go by, but it is probably the other way round. Your smart TV can't talk to your R6400, which just sits there churning out Internet.

From what has come along here in the past, the problems are usually at the "smart" end. These aren't the easiest things to set up.

Is this a wifi connection? Or a LAN?

And what is the smart TV?

There have been various discussions here of Samsung smart stuff. Search for that might throw up more ideas.

Message 2 of 8
Dharris12
Aspirant

It was the other way around. I got my tv to receive the signal. Once I remembered how to navigate the menu. Luddite move.
Message 3 of 8

@Dharris12 wrote:
I got my tv to receive the signal. Once I remembered how to navigate the menu. Luddite move.

If you mean the TV's menu, that is what I was saying when I said that the problem is the other way round.

Not, as the subject says "can't get my router R6400 to talk to my smart tv", but "can't can't get my

my smart tv to talk to the R6400 router".

If you haven't consider it already, I find that a wired powerline network is less picky and more reliable than wifi.

Again, it can be tricky getting the TV to see the network – menus again – but once done it stays done.

Message 4 of 8
LarKen
Aspirant

Re: TV gets signal but wants a "WPA pre-shared key". P/W input but can't connect

Message 5 of 8

Re: TV gets signal but wants a "WPA pre-shared key". P/W input but can't connect

Is there any point to that last content free post?

Message 6 of 8
Happymag
Aspirant

My smart tv can see the network and it seems to be all set up on that end but it won’t connect with the router. Any suggestions or ideas to try??
Message 7 of 8

Despite the name, Smart TVs are amazingly dumb. Problems getting them to connect nearly always come done to the TV. The router spits out its wifi, and it is then down to the TV to play ball.

Which TV is this?

Do other wifi clients connect as expected?

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7