Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I can't login to Netgear Genie app

JessicaPark
Aspirant

I can't login to Netgear Genie app

I can't login to the Netgear Genie app. The app keeps saying "Login Failed: Enter the correct admin user name and password for your NETGEAR router." I did not change anything so the default user name and password should be "admin and "password."

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 4

Re: I can't login to Netgear Genie app

Message 2 of 4
JessicaPark
Aspirant

What do you mean by I'm using the wrong thing? I looked at the list of router models that are supported by the NETGEAR genie app and my router is there. The app kept telling me to login.

Message 3 of 4

You have the R6300v2, if we are to believe your "footer".

@JessicaPark wrote:

I looked at the list of router models that are supported by the NETGEAR genie app and my router is there.

Where did you read that? It wasn't in these articles.

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using the NETGEAR genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Unfortunately neither of these mentions the R6300v2. It wouldn't surprise me if these were wrong, but that is all we have to go on.

App support is determined by the firmware on your router. Newer routers (v2 is newer then v1) have gradually abandoned the Netgear App in favour of the Nighthawk app as new firmware has come along to add support for things like Circle.

This can mean that manuals are out of date.

Remember, there are several "genies". If possible, it is a good idea to use the desktop genie for your operating system.

@JessicaPark wrote:

The app kept telling me to login.

That means nothing. If the router won't support the app, then it can throw up all sorts of messages.

Here's an idea, try the Nighthawk app. You have nothing to lose.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7