Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I cannot get a confirmation email to start Remote Access on my iPhone

konagal
Aspirant

I cannot get a confirmation email to start Remote Access on my iPhone

I have the R8900 NighthawkX19-AD7000 which IS supposed to be supported my the Netgear Genie remote access. But, every time I try to use it I do not get a confirmation email. Yes I do check my spam folder. When I press "resend email" I get an error message saying "Unknown Error" I contacted support and they had me delete the app then re-download it. But, I still get the same error. I have the latest download which I was able to do from my iPhone. I can uses every other part of the app and can log in locally just not remore. What else can I do? Does this work for other people or is it a software problem?

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

@konagal wrote:

But, every time I try to use it I do not get a confirmation email. Yes I do check my spam folder. When I press "resend email" I get an error message saying "Unknown Error" I contacted support and they had me delete the app then re-download it.

What are you using to set this up?

The iPhone app?

Message 2 of 6
konagal
Aspirant

Yes the iPhone app. I also tried it on my iPad and still got the same errors.

Message 3 of 6
cilla0925
Aspirant

Did you figure it out? Having this issue now. 😞
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 6
konagal
Aspirant

No. I returned the router

Message 5 of 6

It seems from other recent messages that some people have been trying to set up remote access on portable devices without realising that you have to initiate the process from the router's control interface. The portable genie only comes into play after you set it up on the device itself.

The manual explains this, but perhaps not as clearly as it could.

In the case of the R8900, the details of how to set up remote control are on page 86 of the manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>> Click here >> R8900 | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

You may have been through all that, this is intended to guide anyone who turns up here and searches the forum for answers to the same question.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7