Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I've downloaded the new Netgear Genie Ap and it doesn't recognize my password and wont let me re

kboser
Aspirant

I've downloaded the new Netgear Genie Ap and it doesn't recognize my password and wont let me reset

I'm using this with a Netgear R6200 wireless modem my imac Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 (plus iphone and ipod and HP Officejet 6700 printer)

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
kboser
Aspirant

Re: I've downloaded the new Netgear Genie Ap and it doesn't recognize my password and wont let me re

Thank you for the responses. I'm finally able to get the Netgear Genie Ap to recognize my password. Issues is resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies

Hard to follow what is going on here, or which genie you have, but remember wifi login details are not the same as router login details. And you have to be logged into the wifi before you can access the router.

Message 2 of 7
CAL-TN
Tutor

My router is furnished by Comcast/Xfinity. It has a password. My Netgear Extender is a 6200. I just downloaded Android version of Genie. When I try to log on I am at a place with admin already inserted as Username which makes me think Genie wants my 6200 password - which is the default password. Of course that does not work. If, on the other hand, the Genie really wants the Username and password for my Comcast router then Genie won't permit me to enter that Username - it just won't let me enter anything in that space. So, it requests router info, but does it really want router info or does it want Netgear extender info? Sane people cannot understand your freeking instructions. Signed, Desperate
Message 3 of 7

@CAL-TN wrote:
My router is furnished by Comcast/Xfinity. It has a password. My Netgear Extender is a 6200. I just downloaded Android version of Genie. When I try to log on I am at a place with admin already inserted as Username which makes me think Genie wants my 6200 password - which is the default password.

What address are you using to login?

Which device is controlling the network? Is the modem or the router the DHCP server? Or are both trying tio handle this?

@CAL-TN wrote:
My router is furnished by Comcast/Xfinity. It has a password. My Netgear Extender is a 6200.

The R6200 is a router when you take it out of the box. Have you configured to to be an extender?

Message 4 of 7
kboser
Aspirant

Thank you for the responses. I'm finally able to get the Netgear Genie Ap to recognize my password. Issues is resolved.

Message 5 of 7

@kboser wrote:

How? For the benefit of others, it helps to explain these things, especially when a message is marked as Solved. People then expect to find resolutions.

Message 6 of 7
kboser
Aspirant

I was able to sign in once Netgear acknowledged my request to reset my password. At that time the new Netgear Genie Ap recognized my password.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7