Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IOS Genie app with firmware 1.0.1.18

jaredtrotter
Aspirant

IOS Genie app with firmware 1.0.1.18

I updated my R7900 Nighthawk router to firmware 1.0.1.18 and was glad to see mobile support for VPN services. Unfortunatly, the Genie app on my phone has a few issues with this firmware. The biggest issue is I can't see the network map and therfore can't pause the cennection of specific devices (a rather important feature as I have two teenage boys at home!). 

I've deleted and reinstalled the app on the phone - didn't fix it. Degraded the firmware back to 1.0.1.12, it all works. Except I can't set up VPN on a mobile device now. I even went to the extent of going to .18, setting up and verifying VPN on my phone, downgrading to .12 just on the off chance the VPN would still work. As I expected, that didn't work. 

Has anyone else had this problem with 1.0.1.18? Any solutions? How about an app update or new firmware from Netgear?? 

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
jaredtrotter
Aspirant

Re: IOS Genie app with firmware 1.0.1.18

Well saw a new Genie app released yesterday. Thought I'd give it a try with the firmaware 1.0.1.18_10.0.20. Updated the router, defaulted all settings. After basic programming, was able to get the Genie to connect and show the network map! And to connect to VPN...

For about 10 minutes. Now agian, can't log in unless I reboot the router. Then I get one shot until that breaks. Can't log into parental controls (recognizes correct/incorrect passwords but doesn't do anything with correct credentials). Network map shows my mobile and the router; nothing else.

Thought it might have been QoS or some other setting breaking things. I backed out of all features beyond basic DHCP routering.

Sent a message to tech support. If this doesn't get resolved, I'll end up using a spare PC with pfSense doing all my routing/DHCP/VPN/etc. and hang this off as a WAP.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7