Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Install Netgear WiFi Router AC1000

GFChicoine
Aspirant

Install Netgear WiFi Router AC1000

Hello. I've been trying (even using tech support by phone) to install a new Netgear Wifi Router AC1000 through my working internet modem to my working desktop.  (So I have internet access when going directly through the modem). (Also, the internet provider finds no interrruption of internet service.) But I have not successfully procured internet access connecting the router through--or "to"--the modem. On the network pop-up I keep getting: "Netgear61 not accessed, secured." As instructed, I have connected the router blue port called "Internet" to my modem, which only has one port to choose from. I have done this after powering down.  

Is there some way (as the tech support from my internet provider suggested) that Netgear needs to activate the device? Or what? I am quite thankful for your help.

Glenn

Message 1 of 3
GFChicoine
Aspirant

Re: Install Netgear WiFi Router AC1000

Slight correction:

After I have hooked up the new router described above, my network popup keeps reading "NETGEAR61: No internet, secured."

Message 2 of 3

Re: Install Netgear WiFi Router AC1000

First, AC1000 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds. 

The model number is on a label on the device.

model number

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Second, you've posted in the apps section rather than the section for your router. Any reason for that? Is it an app issue.

@GFChicoine wrote:

After I have hooked up the new router described above, my network popup keeps reading "NETGEAR61: No internet, secured."

What is this "network popup"? Is it something in Windows?

If so, my first guess is that you need to tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

If not, come back with more details of what you are doing and what happens.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7