Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet won't connect to devices. Help!

Bradyj
Aspirant

Internet won't connect to devices. Help!

I have an N300 router, I just recently got it. At first I had a few problems getting it to connect to my devices. It would only connect to my smart TV and phone. I ended up having to reboot it to try to get it to connect to my laptop because at first it wouldn't. I was successful in getting the internet to connect to the lap to but it would no longer connect to the TV or the smart phone. Why won't it let me connect all of my devices? The network pops up on my devices, I type in the wifi password but they won't authenticate. How do I fix this??
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internet won't connect to devices. Help!

N300 is a wifi standard rather than a Netgear model number. (Netgear makes a lot of N300 devices.) So you'll have to find the model number for proper advice:

model number

If you are using a router, then you probably have a modem feeding it with the Internet. If so, what is the modem?

I ask because you may have to configure them to work together and to prevent them with fighting with one another to control your network. That is why it is important to start up the network in the right order.

A Netgear says, be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

N300 is a wifi standard rather than a Netgear model number. (Netgear makes a lot of N300 devices.) So you'll have to find the model number for proper advice:

model number

If you are using a router, then you probably have a modem feeding it with the Internet. If so, what is the modem?

I ask because you may have to configure them to work together and to prevent them with fighting with one another to control your network. That is why it is important to start up the network in the right order.

A Netgear says, be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 2 of 3
Bradyj
Aspirant

The model number for the router is WNR2000v5. My modem is an Artist CM820. Thanks! I will try to restart them.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7