Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with App - can no longer see network map with R7800 and RBS40V

colsoncj
Guide

Issue with App - can no longer see network map with R7800 and RBS40V

So went to do a periodic check of my network today in the nighthawk app, and now no longer see nor can access the RBS40V via network map. Doesnt show the network map, and cant select it as a product.

I do see its connected to the R7800 via 5ghz, and it appears my network is all functioning as expected.

Any ideas? Can you no longer manage the Orbi RBS40V via nighthawk app or is something wonky?

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Issue with App - can no longer see network map with R7800 and RBS40V

Hello colsoncj,

You will need to download the Orbi app to manage Orbi models. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
colsoncj
Guide

Is that a change then and they no longer support the nighthawk app with that model. The RBS40V used to support setup and admin through both apps, and up until recently had no issues with doing it through the nighthawk app.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Anything Orbi is handled by the Orbi app. Anything R or RAX series routers is hanlded by the NH app. Ensure that when your trying to manage the Orbi unit that your connected to the RBS40 when using the Orbi app. If your trying to manage the R7800, be sure your connected to the R7800 router when using the NH app. If your not connected directly then these app may not traverse thru the RBS or R7800 correctly and give false reports of unsupported device. 

Message 4 of 5
colsoncj
Guide

So when did they make that change that it only works under the orbi app? Odd since it tells you in the directions that you can use the nighthawk app, and ive used it in the nighthawk app successfully for months. Kinda dumb to go backwords and now require two apps when you used to be able to do it with one... poor design to have two apps anyway.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7