Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issue with connecting to Nighthawk App

jhizzle
Follower

Issue with connecting to Nighthawk App

Recently I've been unable to log into the Blackhawk App on my iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 15.1) because it said that I needed to turn off my VPN.  I logged into my Blackhawk R6400v2 from my laptop, which I had never done, because even after turning off the VPN on my iPhone I was unable to log into the App.

Now that the VPN is off, the App tells me that the "Router Not Found". Go to Settings > and join you router's WiFi Network

The weird thig is I am connected to the Wi-Fi on my iPhone and can browse the internet.  When logged into the router on my laptop, it shows my iPhone is a connected device.

I have deleted the App and reinstalled it hoping that it would fix the issue but it did not do the trick.  

How can I get my phone to recognize that it is connected to the router so I can try to access the App.

Message 1 of 3

@jhizzle wrote:

Recently I've been unable to log into the Blackhawk App on my iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 15.1)

Which version of the Nighthawk (I assume) app?

Now that the VPN is off, the App tells me that the "Router Not Found". Go to Settings > and join you router's WiFi Network

What is the modem/gateway in front of the router?

What version of firmware is in the R6400v2?

By the way, this isn't a Nighthawk router, just a standard wifi router usually discussed here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk & Non-Orbi) - NETGEAR Communities

For apps, there is yet another section:

Nighthawk App - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Make sure you have icloud relay disabled. 

Also disable random mac/ip on the device with the nighthhawk app. 

I've seen those cause issues with using the app

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7