Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Link for Genie (updates1.netgear.com/netgeargenie/mac/update/NETGEARGenieInstaller.dmg) is brok

sriniusa
Initiate

Link for Genie (updates1.netgear.com/netgeargenie/mac/update/NETGEARGenieInstaller.dmg) is broken

Link for Genie Download for Mac is broken.

updates1.netgear.com/netgeargenie/mac/update/NETGEARGenieInstaller.dmg

Message 1 of 7

Re: Link for Genie (updates1.netgear.com/netgeargenie/mac/update/NETGEARGenieInstaller.dmg) is brok

Where is that link?

Try going to the support pages for your (unknown to us) Netgear hardware.

Start here:

>>> NETGEAR Support | Downloads <<<

Or search here for your hardware:

>>>  Support | NETGEAR <<<

Go to the downloads page.

As this app is not device specific, you can get it from the downloads for any device that supports the genie.

Message 2 of 7
sriniusa
Initiate

My Netgear Model is C7000. Upon putting the model number and clicking on search. It lands me to download page, Then I click on "NETGEAR Genie App (Mac) " it forwards the link to this - http://updates1.netgear.com/netgeargenie/mac/update/NETGEARGenieInstaller.dmg. which is not working.

Message 3 of 7

@sriniusa wrote:

which is not working.

It is here. Just checked.

There have been other reports of blockages with updates.

Can't download Genie app or my router's firmware f... - NETGEAR Communities

The problem is somewhere out in the Internet, possibly an ISP blocking that site.

If you can try a different DNS server (eg, Google's 8.8.8.8) it may work. It has for other people.

Message 4 of 7
TBrophey
Aspirant

It is June, and trying to download via Edge still goes to a broken link. You would think that NETGEAR would have it fixed by now!

But I just tried downloading via Chrome, and that worked fine.

Message 5 of 7
Gruuuvy
Initiate

Why are all links broken for software updates AND link is broken for downloading GENIE?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 6 of 7

What is the starting point that gets you those broken links?

Support for the R7800 is at the end of this link:

>>> R7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

The links work just fine.

So do the links here:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements