Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Logon Timed Out, Please Try Again. If issue is persistent, try rebooting your device

philostow
Tutor

Logon Timed Out, Please Try Again. If issue is persistent, try rebooting your device

I have two nighthawk 9000 routers. One in MN and one in CO. Same model and same firmware Rev. I can connect to my Colorado router Remotely from Minnesota. However I get a log in timeout message every time I try to connect to my local router here in Minnesota. What is going on? I rebooted the router I rebooted my phone I have cleared the cache on the app.
Message 1 of 16

Re: Logon Timed Out, Please Try Again. If issue is persistent, try rebooting your device

@philostow wrote:
I have two nighthawk 9000 routers. One in MN and one in CO. Same model and same firmware Rev. I can connect to my Colorado router Remotely from Minnesota. However I get a log in timeout message every time I try to connect to my local router here in Minnesota.

Login how? Local wifi? Anywhere Access?

Nighawk app? (iOS or Android?) Something else?

I assume that this is the R9000.

What firmware version?

What modem/gateway/ONT sits between them and the Internet?

Message 2 of 16
philostow
Tutor

1. Nighthawk App - V2.20.3.2525
  2. Android - V12
  3. R9000 - firmware  V1.0.5.42
  4. Netgear CM1100 Cable Modem to Xfinity feed
  5. I can access my router in Colorado by using anywhere access from MN
  6. I cannot access my local router using local WiFi in MN while sitting in the same room.
  7. I can log in to the router webpage from my pc

Thanks

Message 3 of 16

@philostow wrote:
  1. I can access my router in Colorado by using anywhere access from MN
  2. I cannot access my local router using local WiFi in MN while sitting in the same room.
  3. I can log in to the router webpage from my pc

Have you tried setting up the local router for Anywhere Access?

I also manage a couple of routers from the Android app and both connect happily as Anywhere Access.

At the moment (APP V2.20.3.2515) "Local Connection" is  bust.

It asks for login credentials ans then instantly times out demanding a reboot.

The app is needs fixing.

Message 4 of 16
philostow
Tutor

I've done it before, obviously, but I don't see how to access the local router from the app using anywhere access.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 16

@philostow wrote:

.... I don't see how to access the local router from the app using anywhere access. 

Take it through the set up process again?

That still works here.

Message 6 of 16
philostow
Tutor

That didn't work.  I'll keep googling. Thanks

Message 7 of 16

@philostow wrote:

That didn't work.  I'll keep googling. Thanks

You might get better luck in the apps section here.

Apps & Services - NETGEAR Communities

Message 8 of 16
philostow
Tutor

Message 9 of 16
philostow
Tutor

I cannot log in to my local router from the app.  That is the issue.  When I try to login, I sometimes get the timeout message before I even have a chance to to enter my password!   

I've tried deleting the app's cache but that didn't help.  I don't want to delete the data not reinstall the app because I am successfully connected to my remote router via access anywhere.

Thanks

Message 10 of 16

@philostow wrote:

I cannot log in to my local router from the app.  That is the issue.  When I try to login, I sometimes get the timeout message before I even have a chance to to enter my password!   

The apps are bust.

Re: R6350 Netgear Router logon timed out so cant ... - NETGEAR Communities

That will take you down a rabbit hole of impressive length.

We are now well into three-figure numbers for those reports.

Message 11 of 16
philostow
Tutor

I just wish Netgear would chime in.  At least I'm not alone  🙄

Message 12 of 16

@philostow wrote:

I just wish Netgear would chime in.  At least I'm not alone  🙄

I guess they are just too embarrassed to own up.

It sure doesn't go down well with users who can easily interpret silence as insouciance.

Message 13 of 16
bstanton
Tutor

Still an issue here in February 2023. About to got buy a ASUS router if this isn't fixed soon 

Message 14 of 16
iTito
Aspirant

I started experiencing the same issue this week. Please let me know if you have been able to find a resolution as the NetGear Tech Support folks are not of much help...

Message 15 of 16
philostow
Tutor

A subsequent update to the app fixed it for me.  Good luck!

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7