Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MR80 + 2 Satellites V1.1.6.6 no devices showing on network map

wonge01
Guide

MR80 + 2 Satellites V1.1.6.6 no devices showing on network map

Using Nighthawk App on iphone 11 iOS 14.8.1.  Have 1 MR80 + 2 satellites and all devices show connected to the router and none connected to the satellites.  Router is on main floor, and I have 1 satellite on 2nd floor and 1 in basement.  I have a gaming console connected via ethernet to the 2nd floor satellite as well as multiple other devices on 2nd floor on Wifi, but none show connected to the satellite on 2nd floor.  I also have a Viziocast smart TV in basement, w/ satellite directly underneath but I can't tell if it's connected to the router or basement satellite.  App shows it connected to router on main floor.

Is this a firmware issue?  How do I correct?  I uninstalled the App and reinstalled and that did no fix.  

Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

I'm not a huge fan of trusting the app. It seems like everytime they fix on thing about the app, something else breaks. 

So what does it show if you log in through the browser and look at the attached devices list? (not through the app)

You can also log into each satellite by its IP address and check. 

Message 2 of 11
wonge01
Guide

All devices show when viewing in browser and when you log into each satellite it shows devices connected.  Just very annoying that the Nighthawk App is promoted as the primary way to manage your mesh system but it's not reliable or accurate!

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

Seems like everytime they update the app, it fixes one thing and breaks a different one. A bit sad. 

Message 4 of 11
bulldog00
Apprentice

I dont believe this issue is "App" related. I believe this is a firmware issue of the MR80 and MS80 Satelites.  If you downgrade firmware to an earlier version, such as 1.1.4.6, then the devices show properly connected to each respective router/satelite. However, Netgear does not give the ability on the routers interface to "stop auto updates", thus the MR80 will auto update the firmware to the latest version causing incorrect information to display in the app. 

Message 5 of 11
wonge01
Guide

I saw there was a new firmware release. Not sure if they fixed yet I guess we will see. 

@bulldog00 wrote:

I dont believe this issue is "App" related. I believe this is a firmware issue of the MR80 and MS80 Satelites.  If you downgrade firmware to an earlier version, such as 1.1.4.6, then the devices show properly connected to each respective router/satelite. However, Netgear does not give the ability on the routers interface to "stop auto updates", thus the MR80 will auto update the firmware to the latest version causing incorrect information to display in the app. 

Message 6 of 11
bulldog00
Apprentice

It did not fix it. I had hopes but it seems Netgear and iRobot are both equally crappy when it comes to their software platform and support.
Message 7 of 11
lusconetn
Initiate

I too am having the exact same results using an iPhone 12 running IOS 15.2. Firmware version 1.1.6.10_3.1.97

@wonge01 wrote:

Using Nighthawk App on iphone 11 iOS 14.8.1.  Have 1 MR80 + 2 satellites and all devices show connected to the router and none connected to the satellites.  Router is on main floor, and I have 1 satellite on 2nd floor and 1 in basement.  I have a gaming console connected via ethernet to the 2nd floor satellite as well as multiple other devices on 2nd floor on Wifi, but none show connected to the satellite on 2nd floor.  I also have a Viziocast smart TV in basement, w/ satellite directly underneath but I can't tell if it's connected to the router or basement satellite.  App shows it connected to router on main floor.

Is this a firmware issue?  How do I correct?  I uninstalled the App and reinstalled and that did no fix.  

Reported case to NG support and support person acknowledged software "buggy" but had no resolution. Strongly encourage support person to escalate to developers for a resolve. Confidence level on follow up is low since they seemed so eager to get off the phone.

Unreliable results from either tool; browser or app makes troubleshooting difficult.

Message 8 of 11
Marques115
Aspirant

Is there a fix for this yet
Message 9 of 11
bulldog00
Apprentice

Appears there was a firmware release yesterday to address these issues. I have not had a chance yet to install and test. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000064660/MR80-MS80-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-14

Message 10 of 11
Apennismightier
Aspirant

Called support to ask about this issue. **bleep** hung up on me when I said I didn't have a case number yet. Exactly what I'd expect from a crooked, greedy, **bleep**ty company like NETGEAR. Absolutely piss poor customer service. Never again.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7