Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MY ROUTER WILL NOT LET ME ADD ANY DEVICES,AND ITS NOT SHOWING UP ON THE NIGHT HAWK APP TO APPROVE

BJN282003
Follower

MY ROUTER WILL NOT LET ME ADD ANY DEVICES,AND ITS NOT SHOWING UP ON THE NIGHT HAWK APP TO APPROVE

R7000P

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: MY ROUTER WILL NOT LET ME ADD ANY DEVICES,AND ITS NOT SHOWING UP ON THE NIGHT HAWK APP TO APPROV

Sorry,  but I don't understand the question.

What are you trying to "add" to the R7000P? A wifi client? Something plugged into the router's LAN ports?

Which Nighthawk app is this? Android? iOS?

Take us through what you are doing, step by step, and report back with any error messages or prompts that you see.

Is this a new setup? Or has it just suddenly gone bonkers.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router.

Having two routers on a network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

It will also have any firmware and drivers for your device.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7