Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Modem Access

KMWNAZ
Tutor

Modem Access

I have a Motorola Modem (Model M88611) whose IP address is 192.168.100.1 and my LAN is set to 192.168.0.1 starting IP address which doesn't; allow me to log into the Modem.  Is there a simple way to change the range to allow me to log into the Modem?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Modem Access

Something to ask the Mfr about regarding there product. This is a NETGEAR mfr forum.

Message 2 of 6
KMWNAZ
Tutor

Sorry - forgot to mention the router is a Nighthawk. Question is related to that.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

We presume you can access the NG router? 

What is the model# of the NG router?

Any Armor or SPC features enabled on the router? 

Something to ask Motorola about there product. 

Message 4 of 6
KMWNAZ
Tutor

Router is Nighthawk - RAX43. Armor, SPC not engaged. Motorola Modem has default IP address that I do not believe can be altered.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Who's your ISP? 

Some ISP's have been locking down access to some modems because users are able to log in and check their values. And then the users can say "the values are poor, fix the line". And the ISP's don't want to because it costs them money. Spectrum is great at it. Most, if not all, of their supplied modems are locked down so users can't access the dashboard. I've seen a few posts on the arris forums about even the 3rd party devices getting locked down. 

Of course, they're also the work around for a different issue that might be worth checking

https://community.surfboard.com/modem-general-40/workaround-accessing-the-cable-modem-status-page-12...

Since its not a netgear modem, worth checking on the appropriate forum. (Arris/Commscope bought Motorola, who've now been bought by vantiva)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series