Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My new AC1000 Router does not recognize my internet. It only wants to load the netgear option. How

davekel
Tutor

My new AC1000 Router does not recognize my internet. It only wants to load the netgear option. How

when the router is connecdted, it will not recognize my orginal internet that was used on my old router.  How do I change and/or add it to the new rouiter??

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
davekel
Tutor

Re: My new AC1000 Router does not recognize my internet. It only wants to load the netgear option.

Sorry for the garbled message. I am trying to replace my old router with the new router (AC1000). The new router connects just fine and indicates that the internet is up and running.  But, my phone, ipad and desktop are not showing my old internet name in the settings area

@plemans wrote:

@davekel wrote:

I have to admit. I have no idea what your saying. 

you put it doesn't recognize your original internet? What original internet? this doesn't make much sense to me. 

What modem are you connecting to? 

where is it failing in the install process? 

A better description might help. 

, only the new netgear options.  Is there any way to spoof the new router to read as the old router serial number?  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: My new AC1000 Router does not recognize my internet. It only wants to load the netgear option.

@davekel wrote:

when the router is connecdted, it will not recognize my orginal internet that was used on my old router.  How do I change and/or add it to the new rouiter??

you put it doesn't recognize your original internet? What original internet? this doesn't make much sense to me. 

Message 2 of 5
davekel
Tutor

Sorry for the garbled message. I am trying to replace my old router with the new router (AC1000). The new router connects just fine and indicates that the internet is up and running.  But, my phone, ipad and desktop are not showing my old internet name in the settings area

@plemans wrote:

@davekel wrote:

, only the new netgear options.  Is there any way to spoof the new router to read as the old router serial number?  

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

all you need to do is change the SSID (wireless name) and password to match the old network. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

Message 4 of 5
davekel
Tutor

Thank so much for the help. It now works great.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7