Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My r6220 won’t connect to my internet

Derek13
Follower

My r6220 won’t connect to my internet

I’ve been trying to connect my internet for the past two days now I’ve called NETGEAR but they were no help and made my problem worse. My internet was working fine for about 3 months and I called them about a double NAT and that is when they made me do all these different things and now none of my devices will connect to the internet.

On my app it says that the internet is offline but on my router all the lights that should be on are on. I know it’s not the internet because everyone else in the apartment has internet. Just wondering if anyone could help me out or have any ideas to get my internet back up.
Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Can just guess ... to get rid of the double NAT situation (probably a bad idea on a shared Internet access in an apartment) they might have had reconfigured your router to work as a pure wireless access point, so all your devices will be connected direct to this "apartment" network. Now the number of connected devices might be limited (that's what I would do for such a set-up) and only few are getting an IP address now (perfectly sufficient for connecting a NAT router [like your R6220] or a single wired computer). As far as I know, the Nighthawk App is not intended to be used in AP mode, and might misbehave or fail. Probably time for a factory reset - and forget about the double NAT, this can only be removed if your ISP or apartment network provider will assign a public routable IP address (not NATed) to your router - and reconfigure your router from scratch again.

Message 2 of 3

You'll have to say a lot more about your network. What is on it? Your hardware?

@Derek13 wrote:
I know it’s not the internet because everyone else in the apartment has internet.

So what sort of Internet is this?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7