Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MyQ-G0401

Nightrider23
Guide

MyQ-G0401

I just installed the MyQ-G0401 to my Chamberlain garage door opener and everything is paired up/green lights and it opened the garage door initially when it paired to my garage door opener.  

The MyQ app shows the correct location of the door as closed right now.  When I press to open the garage door from MyQ app it doesn't open the garage door.  

I have reset the MyQ-G0401 3 times back to default setting and still having the same problems.  Does anybody know what would be causing this to not work?

Lastly, I noticed in my logs from my Netgear app that it says I am getting DoS attack: Fraggle attacks / port 67 when it attempts to open the garage door.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Nightrider23
Guide

Re: MyQ-G0401

It was user error after all.  They changed how to use the MyQ app.  Turns out you have to double tap on the garage door in the MyQ app to open and close it.  

That being said I still fired up the Netgear EAX15 AX1800 Extender in my garage and glad I did because I went ahead and connected the MyQ hub to it for the Apple HomeKit so I can access the garage opener through Siri, Apple Watch, and Apple CarPlay from my Pioneer car stereo.  Also, I will be connecting the 2 Ring Floodlights to the extender as well so it doesn't jam up my 5G network.

Adding the EAX15 AX1800 gives me full strength in the garage and everything is running more smoothly that way.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact the Mfr for this device for help and information regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 12
Nightrider23
Guide

So you don’t think it has anything to do with my Netgear MR80 router preventing it from working?

One thing I should mention is I only have 1 bar out to the garage for 2.4GHz signal which is crazy b/c my 5G has 2bars but the garage door opener will only work with 2.4GHz.
Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

https://kb.netgear.com/000063027/Can-I-create-separate-2-4GHz-and-5GHz-SSIDs-on-my-Nighthawk-Tri-ban...

Message 4 of 12
Nightrider23
Guide

• My home 25sq ft. and has 3 floors including the basement
• Router is on 2nd Floor
• I have 2 satellites roughly 30 foot from each other. (On Main Floor)
• My unattached garage is 35ish feet from the 2nd satellite which is in the kitchen on Main floor.
• 2.4GHz is mainly used for Amazon Echo and Ring Doorbell Pro, and eventually the garage door opener, and 2 more ring floodlights that I need to install after I fix this garage door opener.
• The rest of my 12 devices connect to the 5G network.

I’m wondering if I should buy a Netgear Mesh Range Extender or another mesh satellite? (if the 2.4GHz 1 bar is the problem) ?

Both of my satellites kind of sit on half of the house away from the garage too.

Appreciate the help and diagnosing the problem.
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like you may need more wifi signal out at the garage area. 

Message 6 of 12
Nightrider23
Guide

Ok cool. Would this repeater be a good option to add more bars to my 2.4GHz network?

NETGEAR WiFi Mesh Range Extender EX6150 - Coverage up to 1200 sq. ft. and 20 devices with AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Signal Booster & Repeater (up to 1200Mbps speed), plus Mesh Smart Roaming https://a.co/d/ePeWQ3H
Message 7 of 12
Nightrider23
Guide

I think I’m going go with this one unless you recommend the other as a better option?

NETGEAR WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender (EAX15) - Add up to 1,500 sq. ft. and 20+ Devices with AX1800 Dual-Band Wireless Signal Booster & Repeater (up to 1.8Gbps Speed), WPA3 Security, Smart Roaming https://a.co/d/4v7G4sZ
Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes try this one for sure. 

The EX one you poste is older and not supporting of AX modes. 

Message 9 of 12
Nightrider23
Guide

Cool thanks! I’ll report back if it fixes the problem in case anyone else has this problem in the future.
Message 10 of 12
Nightrider23
Guide

It was user error after all.  They changed how to use the MyQ app.  Turns out you have to double tap on the garage door in the MyQ app to open and close it.  

That being said I still fired up the Netgear EAX15 AX1800 Extender in my garage and glad I did because I went ahead and connected the MyQ hub to it for the Apple HomeKit so I can access the garage opener through Siri, Apple Watch, and Apple CarPlay from my Pioneer car stereo.  Also, I will be connecting the 2 Ring Floodlights to the extender as well so it doesn't jam up my 5G network.

Adding the EAX15 AX1800 gives me full strength in the garage and everything is running more smoothly that way.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7