Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 wifi connectivity issues with Samsung phones

CherlRed
Aspirant

N600 wifi connectivity issues with Samsung phones

I have an issue with my Samsung phones where the wifi signal is found and connected but then 10 seconds later it must disconnect because it starts searching, finds the signal, connects,and then disconnects to start the cycle all over again. It will drain the phone battery overnight if I leave wifi enabled. It doesnt happen anywhere else besides home, so we suspect the N600 router. I am hoping its just a setting, but I have no idea where to start looking. It doesnt seem to be an issue with my other wireless devices like laptop or Kindle, just the 2 Samsung phones.  Any advice?

Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N600 wifi connectivity issues with Samsung phones

Hi @CherlRed,

1. Does the issue occur on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

2. Have you tried changing the channel? If not, you may refer to the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23783

3. Does the issue occur whether you are close or far from the router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
netwrks
Master

Do you see the connection actually dropping? Looking at my Android phone it scans constantly but does not drop the wifi connection. If you do a search on the android forum you may be able to find a setting to disable the constant scanning for phone you have. I know I can't disable it on my Android phone. Looking at the Android forum, it also be an APP, interfering with the wifi forcing scans.. Process of APP  ellimination perhaps..

Message 3 of 6
CherlRed
Aspirant

My Samsung Galaxy 5 doesnt actually show it disconnecting, just that it reconnects (which leads me to believe it is disconnecting too) but the Samsung Prime phone does actually give a banner message of wifi disconnected, and then rescans and connects over and over. I really think its the modem because both phones are doing it. Today I shut it off and pushed the button on the back (hoping its a reset button) and then powered it back on, so far it isnt doing it. But it seems to be an intermittent problem anyway, so not sure if I solved it or not. doubt it was that easy!!

Message 4 of 6
CherlRed
Aspirant

The phones only connect to the 2.4ghz so that isnt the issue. I moved the cable from port #1 to port #2, with no different observed. And it doesnt seem to matter where you are in the house either. I looked at the link you provided but I do not have any of these tools to diagnose the channels, so not sure that this will help. I did look and my channel setting is on auto.

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CherlRed,

Please keep us posted on the stability and observation.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7