Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Service Status Page - LIVE - Status.Netgear.com

BretD
Admin

NETGEAR Service Status Page - LIVE - Status.Netgear.com

netgear-server-status-page.png

At NETGEAR we strive to provide you quality and peace of mind for all your home networking and small business networking products and service needs. So if something isn't quite working right we've created a handy NETGEAR Status Page. Simply visit status.netgear.com anytime 24/7 to check in on the following services.

NETGEAR Insight Services Status Page - 24/7 Cloud-Controlled Switches, Routers, Storage & Wireless Access points

Orbi Services Status Page - Orbi Setup and monitoring app

Nighthawk Services Page - Nighthawk Router monitoring and setup

Did you experience a glitch and now it's gone? Past NETGEAR Services Incidents are available in the Past Incidents section.

Be sure to bookmark Status.NETGEAR.com to ensure you can check server status anytime. 

We'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
BretD
Admin

Here is an example of a planned maintenance update/outage for your reference.

netgear-planned-outage.png

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 18

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Interesting. Missing are Genie (Remote Access, I assume Nighthawk is using the same), ReadyCloud, ...

Message 2 of 18
gyosearose
Initiate

Im so disgusted with this site I could scream. 90 days free support.......'WHERE" 

Try to post a questioin to community and it would not post because it did not have a LABEL.

Label.........what is a label. This is the most user unfriendly site I have ever used.NO instructions in the box .Can I get some info on set up? I only want to use hardwired so how hard can that be. Typical company cop out,no phone,no human,go ask our unpaid volunteers to do our work in the community if you can find a label so you have permission to post. This is beyond ridiculous.And on top of that my router model number does not match any in the drop down menu.Can someone give me some suggestions please?

Thank you

Model: WNDR3300v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 3 of 18
schumaku
Guru

@gyosearose wrote:

Im so disgusted with this site I could scream. 90 days free support.......'WHERE" 

From one of these unpaid volunteers  if you don't mind ...  

The support contacts can vary with the region/country. Register your product on my.netgear.com and you will have the option to access support.

@gyosearose wrote:

Try to post a questioin to community and it would not post because it did not have a LABEL. Label.........what is a label. This is the most user unfriendly site I have ever used.

Agree to some point - where labels are required there are some "generic" ones predefined like "Firmware" "Support" "Installation", ready to click.

NTGR Community - Labels.PNG

The added value of these labels? In a world of full text search engines - my opinion null and nil. Just nasty overhead dear @ChristineT.

And I understand the person posted here off-topic, because there are no lables requested here.

@gyosearose wrote:

NO instructions in the box.

Seriously? I strongly doubt. Any form of Set-up or Quick Start Guide including the basic set-up process and assistance for the product registration (for warranty and support purposes) is always in place. If missing, head to https://www.netgear.com/support/ and enter your model number or name - and you will be guided to the product for Downloads, Documentation, Guided Assistance, here for example for the R9000. The Documentation section is your friend to start with - there you will find docs like Quick Start, Installation, User Manual.

NTGE Support - Downloads Documentation Guided Assistance.PNG

@gyosearose wrote:

And on top of that my router model number does not match any in the drop down menu. Can someone give me some suggestions please?

Available products are (not always fully complete or up2date why ever) available in the relevant forum section only. Now please re-read your post - can't find any information of the product you try to install (except of a probably random, almost one decade old router selected model tag). 

Happy to guide you to the right community section - permitting you let us know what Netgear product and model version you have got there.

Message 4 of 18

I'd calm down and work out what is going on before having a heart attack.

@gyosearose wrote:
Try to post a questioin to community and it would not post because it did not have a LABEL.

Where did you try to post? Which section? I never use "labels".

It does demand a subject, for obvious reasons.

Adding details of your hardware is also helpful, but not essential.

Message 5 of 18
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@gyosearose wrote:

Michael, You reply to much - try to create new threads ... and you will see that most community sections have mandatory(!) labels 8-)

Message 6 of 18

@schumaku wrote:

Michael, You reply to much - try to create new threads ... and you will see that most community sections have mandatory(!) labels 8-)

I did an experiment and was not asked for a label.

That is why I asked which section.

"Most" is not helpful. I like to work on the basis of evidence.

Message 7 of 18
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

I did an experiment and was not asked for a label.

That is why I asked which section.

"Most" is not helpful. I like to work on the basis of evidence.

Really, not kidding - almost everywhere we have a Label* (mandatory) input field ... some communities don't have any preset labels, like the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers, while others have preset labels, like Nighthawk WiFi Routers or WIFI RANGE EXTENDERS & NIGHTHAWK MESH or the Smart / Plus / Click Switches in the Buiness section. And I'm even revising and state virtually all instead of many ...

Message 8 of 18
dbooklady
Initiate

I'm trying to go to https://status.netgear.com/, but have repeatedly received error message "504 Gateway Time-out".  Any suggestions?

Model: WNDR4500v3|N900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Message 9 of 18
schumaku
Guru

@dbooklady wrote:

I'm trying to go to https://status.netgear.com/, but have repeatedly received error message "504 Gateway Time-out". 

Still down nine hours later... @ChristineT @Christian_R

Message 10 of 18
jbattista
Tutor

@BretD wrote:

netgear-server-status-page.png

At NETGEAR we strive to provide you quality and peace of mind for all your home networking and small business networking products and service needs. So if something isn't quite working right we've created a handy NETGEAR Status Page. Simply visit status.netgear.com anytime 24/7 to check in on the following services.

NETGEAR Insight Services Status Page - 24/7 Cloud-Controlled Switches, Routers, Storage & Wireless Access points

Orbi Services Status Page - Orbi Setup and monitoring app

Nighthawk Services Page - Nighthawk Router monitoring and setup

Did you experience a glitch and now it's gone? Past NETGEAR Services Incidents are available in the Past Incidents section.

Be sure to bookmark Status.NETGEAR.com to ensure you can check server status anytime. 

We'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

This site Status.Netgear.com is reporting 504 error 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router,R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router,RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 11 of 18
schumaku
Guru

A service monitoring not working for days does somehow neglect its intention. Yeah Netgear, any idea why I'm not really wondering?
Message 12 of 18
oldgeeze
Aspirant

Hello. I have a problem with my Arris SB8200 modem. It has two ports but I am told I have to pay for a second IP address.  I want to kow if I connect the GS308 switch to the SB8200 modem,  can I hardwire my desktop from the switch and be able to connect my wifi Netgear R8000 router to the switch and have them both work seperately while using just one port from the SB8200 modem.  I want my desktop to be ethernet hardwired while the rest of my computers connect wirelessly. Is this possible? Thanks,

Model: GS308|8 ports gigabits unmanaged switch
Message 13 of 18

@oldgeeze wrote:

Hello. I have a problem with my Arris SB8200 modem. It has two ports but I am told I have to pay for a second IP address.  I want to kow if I connect the GS308 switch to the SB8200 modem,  can I hardwire my desktop from the switch and be able to connect my wifi Netgear R8000 router to the switch and have them both work seperately while using just one port from the SB8200 modem.  I want my desktop to be ethernet hardwired while the rest of my computers connect wirelessly. Is this possible? Thanks,

Your question has nothing to do with the subject of this discussion. If you want people to help, especially the Netgear team, you would do much better e to start a question of your own.

You would also get better advice if you posted in the appropriate section, the one for the R8000 router might be best.

Your device is a Nighthawk WiFi Router.

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

You could also expand on what this  SB8200 modem is. It isn't something that Netgear makes. Is this it?

SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem | ARRIS

If so,  just plug things into the router and use its wifi at the same time.

I want my desktop to be ethernet hardwired while the rest of my computers connect wirelessly. Is this possible? Thanks,

That's what routers are for. No switch needed.

There is a manual for the R8000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>>> R8000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<<

Message 14 of 18
Denalano
Aspirant

I was having trouble connecting my range extender (model 2700) which is not listed here. When I called support I was told I couldn't connect because I had lots of malware on my PC. They offered to clean it up for $$ and offered a firewall package for a $$ monthly fee. This is after the tech was logged in to my PC (with my permission). I felt like it was a shake down with dogs barking and traffic in the background. It cost me around $80 to be able to use my $25 wifi extender.  I paid by scanning a check to the tech. After which I feel uneasy about the possibility of having my back account emptied. He wanted the check made out to his company and not Netgear. I understand outside help is used for companies but , still...

Model: WN2000RPT|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 15 of 18

@Denalano wrote:

I was having trouble connecting my range extender (model 2700) which is not listed here. When I called support I was told I couldn't connect because I had lots of malware on my PC. They offered to clean it up for $$ and offered a firewall package for a $$ monthly fee.

This sounds like you got caught by one of those scam sites that come up when you search for "Netgear support". They have nothing to do with Netgear. They are dangerous rip off merchants that buy ad links.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

I doubt if they were the people you talked to. They wouldn't want checks and the Firewall package sounds like a ripoff.

You should be very careful now. Who knows what they did to your PC.

In future, you would do better to start here.

By the way 2700 isn't a Netgear model number, or even a wifi speed indicator. You can find the model number on the label on the device.

model number

If it really was an extender, this isn't the place for the best advice. This is all about Nighthawk routers. Extenders are here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Message 16 of 18
JimRausch
Aspirant

It is importat to accent the positive.  I have found that the NetGear ReadyNAS RN214 only takes one byte at a time and chews slowly.  My experience with support lead me to believe that we were equals in experiences with this product.  And, though we share the same experience in web design, they support, more than I, the importance of hiring the handicapped!

Message 17 of 18
BretD
Admin

Here is an example of a planned maintenance update/outage for your reference.

netgear-planned-outage.png

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7