papa43
Tutor

Re: NETGEAR USB Control Center macOS High Sierra

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 26 of 52
westanney
Aspirant

Anyword yet?   I am having this issue on two MacBook Pros....

Thanks

Message 27 of 52
RRM855
Apprentice

Right now I am using the USB connection from the router without the USB Network Control Center installed. It is slow but appears to work with my color laser printer. One advantage is I do not have to keep reconnecting the printer like I did with Netgear's software. It used to time out repeatedly leaving the printer off line.

Message 28 of 52
onewarmline
Tutor

I've tried to do this, but I haven't been able to make it work. Would you mind sharing the procedure you followed? thx!

Message 29 of 52
RRM855
Apprentice

I just plug the USB in and go to Systems Preferences then Printers and Scanners. I add printer (+) and my printer shows up with a new name, a series of numbers and characters. I suppose that is some sort of IP address? The original printer name also appears in the list. I just switch this new printer as the default printer.

Message 30 of 52
emanon
Tutor

@DexterJB wrote:

Hi all,

Let me check on this.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Any word on a resolution? 

Message 31 of 52
ddreggors
Aspirant

Same issue here, upgraded to High Sierra and now the NETGEAR USB Control Center fails to open with message "Installation incomplete".

Can we get an update or some word on an upcoming update please?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 32 of 52
onewarmline
Tutor

Hi Dexter,

Can you please give us an update on this?

thanks.

Message 33 of 52
emanon
Tutor

I talked with Netgear support yesterday about this issue because my R7000 won’t recognize my printer via USB. Both my iMac and MacBook are running High Sierra and the NETGEAR USB Control Center won’t completely install. It tells me “installation incomplete” please re-install. I allowed the support rep to remotely access my computer so that he could see what’s happening. He deleted the bad installation then uploaded his own installation. However he received the same error message. He then got second level support on the phone with us and they asked a bunch of questions then stated that Control Center is not supported in High Sierra (well no Schitt Sherlock LOL) and they are aware. Second level guy stated that have numerous open cases for this issue and they have been working on a solution. However they have no estimated date of a fix. I am very disappointed with Netgear. I’m starting to wish I had purchased another brand. I am a Mac man and have never used Windows. This is the worse support I have ever experienced for my Mac devices.

Message 34 of 52
RRM855
Apprentice

Thanks for doing all that follow-up work. I cannot say it is any surprise. I have been disappointed with both the Netgear hardware and software from the outset. I only switched from the Apple TimeCapsule about 8 months ago to try to enhance wifi range, so this is my first forray from Apple hardware. Another reminder why I hate the Windows world. Setting up the Netgear I had flashbacks to a 1999 PalmPilot.

Message 35 of 52
emanon
Tutor

@emanon wrote:

I talked with Netgear support yesterday about this issue because my R7000 won’t recognize my printer via USB. Both my iMac and MacBook are running High Sierra and the NETGEAR USB Control Center won’t completely install. It tells me “installation incomplete” please re-install. I allowed the support rep to remotely access my computer so that he could see what’s happening. He deleted the bad installation then uploaded his own installation. However he received the same error message. He then got second level support on the phone with us and they asked a bunch of questions then stated that Control Center is not supported in High Sierra (well no Schitt Sherlock LOL) and they are aware. Second level guy stated that have numerous open cases for this issue and they have been working on a solution. However they have no estimated date of a fix. I am very disappointed with Netgear. I’m starting to wish I had purchased another brand. I am a Mac man and have never used Windows. This is the worse support I have ever experienced for my Mac devices.

Tech support emailed me a new USB tool (2.4) to solve this issue and it worked.  I just printed using the printer connected via USB to my R7000. I also did a firmware update to V1.0.9.14_1.2.25 first. I don't know if the firmware update was needed for new UB tool to work but everything works now. Thanks Netgear!

Message 36 of 52
ddreggors
Aspirant

Is 2.4 now available or is tech support the only way to get this tool update?
Message 37 of 52
emanon
Tutor

@ddreggors wrote:

They asked me for feedback so it's possible that it has not been released yet? Although I was able to print, I did have a small issue.  So maybe 2.4 is not ready for prime time yet.

UPDATE: I just checked and it is a beta. Sounds like the official release is around the corner.

Message 38 of 52
ddreggors
Aspirant

Ok thanks
Message 39 of 52
westanney
Aspirant

Ok thius is starting to get really irrating.  I have four computers, three have High Sierra and since I purchased my router three years ago I cannot even contact support without paying.  Can someone from NetGear please inform me how I can get anything that will work with High Sierra.  That or boxing day sales are coming in a couple of weeks.  If I replace my router, it will not be with a NetGear router.  I hate to be like that but.....

Model: WNDR4500|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router|EOL
Message 40 of 52
emanon
Tutor

@emanon wrote:

@ddreggors wrote:

They asked me for feedback so it's possible that it has not been released yet? Although I was able to print, I did have a small issue.  So maybe 2.4 is not ready for prime time yet.

UPDATE: I just checked and it is a beta. Sounds like the official release is around the corner.

UPDATE 12/18/2017.... I heard from support on my small issue.  It has been resolved and 2.4 is working great. He didn't indicate when it would be released but said the feedback in beta testing has been great; therefore, the release will be very soon.

Message 41 of 52
Vcarra
Aspirant

Same problem here, getting same "installation is incomplete" message.

Model: R6300v1|Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router - 802.11ac
Message 42 of 52
karmadelic702
Aspirant

Does anyone have an update for v2.4 release? For those who have it, would you be able to share it via Dropbox or other sharing service?

Message 43 of 52
westanney
Aspirant

I bought a TP-Link router over the holidays as they have support available for USB printing.  The 2.4 beta worked on a cpipleof computers but not on another so I gave up.

Message 44 of 52
emjaay
Guide

Finally it is here ..

https://kb.netgear.com/000053245/ReadySHARE-Printer-Utility-Version-2-40-Mac-Supports-MAC-OS-10-13-a...

Tested in macOS 10.13.2 and works well 🙂

Message 45 of 52
emjaay
Guide

Message 46 of 52
AMCL
Guide

It works!!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 47 of 52
Netbillp
Aspirant

Still receiving the "Installation is incomplete! Please reinstall again" error when attempting to install ReadySHARE USB Printer MAC V2.40 on macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 48 of 52
lessards
Aspirant

I installed this new public release but the USB Control Center does not detect anything. Thanks for your help.

Message 49 of 52
RRM855
Apprentice

My printer needs to be turned on for it to be detected.

Message 50 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7