Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

Scoregon
Initiate

NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again

Everything else on the app seems to be working but when I try to see the devices connected I get the error message stating "Sorry the action was failed. Please try again."

Firmware is the most current, which has also caused problems. Everytime I reboot I have to reset the router or it won't find the interent connection. Sometimes unplugging and plugging the internet connection back in works.

Using the iOS app.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 175
Paulryanyyc
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

Just downloaded most recent firmware and I receive the same error message. 

Message 2 of 175
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

Hi all, welcome to the community! If you've just recently updated the firmware of the router, we recommend doing a factory reset if you haven't yet. The link below may help.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Once the setup has completed, you can try and reinstall the app and let me know if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 3 of 175
Scoregon
Initiate

Issue still persists for me.

Message 4 of 175
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Scoregon, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 5 of 175
miocevicd
Guide

I have the same issue. Haven’t been able to resolve it
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 175
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @miocevicd, welcome to the community! What steps have you tried so far? Is it on an Android or iOS device?

Dexter

Message 7 of 175
miocevicd
Guide

Thanks for the quick reply! It is on iOS. This wasn’t an issue until the last firmware update. The last step I tried was resetting to factory settings. Remote management in app has not worked since then either. For remote management it just says device is offline.
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 175
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @miocevicd, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 9 of 175
RedWolfe
Initiate

I have a R7000P giving me the exact issue. It's been driving me crazy for months now.

I updated the firmware.
Didn't fix it!
Did a factory reset.
Didn't fix it!
It occurs using both iOS (iPad Air 2 running iOS 13)and and Android (Samsung Note 9 running Pie) I have Uninstalled and reinstalled both apps on both devices multiple times, both before and after the factory reset. This leads me to believe that it is a setting that was tweaked in update to the app that needs an adjustment through the desktop. What that adjustment is has me spending hours looking online for a solution.

I have no issues with accessing the Device Manager on my computer, just using the app.
I am not an expert but I am a gifted amateur who has been building computers and tweaking software before Bill made his first billion. I don't believe in deleting the app to fix the problem, I want to fix it and use it.

Help me!
Message 10 of 175
miocevicd
Guide

@RedWolfe I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with customer support, but it looks like there is an issue with the new firmware. I rolled my firmware back to the previous version and it solved the issue.

Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000P.aspx then Downloads, then expand View Previous Versions and download 1.3.1.44 or possibly even 1.3.0.20. 

To manually upload the previous version, log in to your router and go to Advanced. Then go to Administration and then Router Update. Click Browse and find your firmware file and upload it. Hopefully that works for you, since it fixed my issue. 

Message 11 of 175
schumaku
Guru

@DexterJB another product firmware image rushed out without serious QA testing. Brilliant! @ChristineT one more for the complaints list...

Message 12 of 175
Gu010206
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

After update I can’t do device manager using the app...
Message 13 of 175
PigletRider
Apprentice

@Gu010206 wrote:
After update I can’t do device manager using the app...

What update?  Was this a firmware update from the app and/or the web GUI?

When I go to the "Device Manager" tab, it comes back "No devices found!," which is strange since you have to be connected to even get this message.

This worked for me at one time.  I don't know what happened.  I did do the factory reset after I installed the latest firmware (v1.0.1.100).

Also, when I go to the "Support" menu, I get "No records found!"  So the very mechanism I'm supposed to use to get support for this issue, is itself incapacitated due to some issue.  Horrible!

Has anyone figured this out apart from a firmware downgrade?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 14 of 175
PigletRider
Apprentice

Has anyone gotten the "Device Manager" tab to actually show any connected devices using the v1.0.1.100 firmware, the latest Beta firmware?  I'm on an iPhone 7 Plus running the latest iOS software (v13.2.3).

The Web GUI will show the 27 connected devices.  The app on my iPhone shows "0" connected devices.

Message 15 of 175
PigletRider
Apprentice

@PigletRider wrote:

Has anyone gotten the "Device Manager" tab to actually show any connected devices using the v1.0.1.100 firmware, the latest Beta firmware?  I'm on an iPhone 7 Plus running the latest iOS software (v13.2.3).

The Web GUI will show the 27 connected devices.  The app on my iPhone shows "0" connected devices.

I just installed the latest iOS update (v2.4.12.4) for the Nighthawk app and NOTHING changed.  The tabs all looked the same and I was still showing "0" devices in the "Device Manager" tab.

"This latest release includes some important bug fixes and improvements to the dashboard and device manager" so says the text associated with this app update.  What????  I think getting the devices to actually show should be considered the biggest improvement, don't you, Netgear?

Yes.  A ticket is opened with Netgear.  I've heard nothing regarding it.

Message 16 of 175
PigletRider
Apprentice

Netgear just released the v1.0.1.108 version of the firmware for the RAX120.  The upgrade from v1.0.1.100 went smoothly.  Everything appears to work for now.  I can now see my devices in the Nighthawk "Device Manager" tab.  So this was apparenlty fixed in this latest release.

Message 17 of 175
PigletRider
Apprentice

@PigletRider wrote:

Netgear just released the v1.0.1.108 version of the firmware for the RAX120.  The upgrade from v1.0.1.100 went smoothly.  Everything appears to work for now.  I can now see my devices in the Nighthawk "Device Manager" tab.  So this was apparenlty fixed in this latest release.

In toying with the "Device Manager" tab on the Nighthawk app (iPhone 7 Plus) extensively, there were a couple of times that it came up "0" devices.  But I just reloaded the tab again and everything popped in.  

So the "fix" for this issue is 90% there.  It would appear that the app needs to wait a wee bit longer for data from the router before declaring that there are 0 devices.  In any event, I can live with potentially loading this tab twice every now and then.

Message 18 of 175
miocevicd
Guide

@PigletRider I had 0% success with that. After downgrading to a previous firmware version I have no issues at all. I also had the same issue in the router weblogin. I'll post a screenshot. The left is the "old" firmware. The right is the new update. 

Message 19 of 175
jrmcq
Tutor

Nighthawk Firmware V1.0.1.50_1.0.35 STILL cannot see any devices in device manager. Factory reset, reinstalls, latest IOS updates, reboots, rollbacks, have done it all. Terrible app support.
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 20 of 175
Dbboy
Aspirant

Netgear please get your stuff together. The app is broken, who the heck is programming this stuff? You can’t even make a proper English sentence. “The action is failed” wtf? Come on, get it together.
Message 21 of 175
mattrichards
Guide

I have the same issue on my xr500 with firmware V2.3.2.56. What is the ETA on a resolution? 

Message 22 of 175
Zach701
Aspirant

Still happening to me also
Message 23 of 175
dpweller
Guide

Same issue here as well. Since version 2.4.24.1 of the iOS app, device manager doesn’t work. I have not updated my router firmware so the only thing that changed was the NH App.

Please don’t ask me to create a support ticket because I did that over a week ago and your support people closed it even after I jumped through the hoops for them. Jerks!
Message 24 of 175
dpweller
Guide

Screenshots of the exchange on my CLOSED case
Message 25 of 175
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7