Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

orko1978
Guide

Re: Model R7200 Nighthawk App IOS Version 2.5.0.47 - Device Manager - No device found!

Read my entire post that you replied to
Message 76 of 175
Pathon
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

After update says no devices. I tried reboot, reset, delete, new system and nothing Still. No help
Message 77 of 175
Turbo74
Aspirant

This is so very annoying!  (and my kid keeps yelling at Fortnite too)  

Message 78 of 175
orko1978
Guide

Re: Model R7200 Nighthawk App IOS Version 2.5.0.47 - Device Manager - No device found!

I posted this already but I guess people aren't reading the whole post.  THESE STEPS FIXED MY iOS APP, READ IN ENTIRETY.

***UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE***

I have made a breakthrough on this issue.  In my particular case, this worked!  If you don't have an extender connected to your network, this may not apply.  Here is my setup and the steps I used to fix this.

1. XR500 Gaming Router

2. EX7700 Extender

Setup your SSIDs with Smart Connect enabled and make any modifications you want to the IP range, admin credentials, etc.

Toggle the following settings to 'No': Enable One WiFi Name and Sync Configuration from NETGEAR Router

- If you have an extender, change your SSIDs (both 2.4 and 5GHz), to something different than your Router's broadcast i.e. add a # 2 or something (Example and Example2)

- Next ensure you are on different channels for each of the networks i.e. 8 on the router and 6 on the extender for 2.4GHz radio

- Do the same for the 5GHz radio

- Save, reboot router and extender (if applicable)

- power cycle your phone, connect to your new SSID, open app, log in and voila -

DEVICE MANAGER IS NOW WORKING FOR ME

Message 79 of 175

One user appears to have found sucess with his/her router. Has anyone had success using what was posted here for a different router?  

Message 80 of 175
SoCalProf
Tutor

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

I found an iPad with iOS 10 on it. I went to the app store and downloaded Nighthawk. It wouldn't let me download the latest version because it doesn't work with iOS 10, so it offered me an earlier version (yes!).  I installed that version, and it's working just fine.  I can manage my devices without having to go to my office and turn on my laptop. Not perfect, but it's a workaround I can live with for now.

Message 81 of 175
Jrzygrl
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

Same here it's so annoying .

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 82 of 175

So how do I get the older version for my IPhone?

Message 83 of 175
mcattridge
Aspirant

Since it made me update the app the other day, it says that I have 0 devices connected as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, done a complete reinstall of my router all together and the only way that I am able to do anything about this is through the web. I much preferred the Genie app and am pretty disappointed with this as the replacement. What is going on??!!

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 84 of 175
SoCalProf
Tutor

There may be other ways, but as far as I know the only way is to find an old iPad or iPhone that has an earlier iOS.  Like I said, mine is still using iOS 10, and that forced the App Store to give me the older version of Nighthawk.  I don't know if iOS 11 is old enough to force Netgear to give you the older version of Nighthawk, but it may. Unfortunately iOS 12 will use the new defective Nighthawk app.

Message 85 of 175
jbdonline
Aspirant

Same issue.. and apparently this thread is active since last year with no resolution yet 😕 wow
I hope they get their stuff together... night hawk c6220... iOS app.. Device Manager - 0 devices
Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 86 of 175
JLynnsmith
Aspirant

I am having the same problem except mine says there are no devices. I went they all the trouble shooting but it is still not working
Message 87 of 175
DaltonMac
Aspirant

It is very frusting.  I wish netgear would fix the damn issue!

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 88 of 175
DaltonMac
Aspirant

We should not have to try work arounds.  They just need to fix the problem!

Message 89 of 175
Tom12
Aspirant

Devices shows 0 with the latest nighthawk App as well. Direct access to router via browser is fine. I also have ORBI App which works fine and shows connected devices.
Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 90 of 175
akella
Initiate

My Device manager on the nighthawk app used to show me all the devices connected on the network. I tried doing a factory reset / uninstall and reinstall the app and all the steps that were written to show the details but the problem still persists. Please reply back URGENTLY!  I am using the app on the IOS device.

Model no on the box shows R7400 

AC2600 Smart Wifi router . Not sure why this is not showing up on the list.

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 91 of 175
jrmcq
Tutor

Join the party, Netgear is incapable of resolving this issue. Garbage.
Message 92 of 175
VadaPav
Aspirant

when due to virus situation all working from home that time how can Netgear do this? Its not load of users but introduced bug and stopped main needed feature !!
Message 93 of 175
Wildfar
Aspirant

Same issue here. I have went through all of the steps and nothing helps. Netgear just do a push to the old version till this issue is fixed. Problem solved. For a tech company your letting your customers down.
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 94 of 175
jsflew
Aspirant

Same issue. After the iOS App updated, I can no longer see any Devices in the App. Very frustrating.

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 95 of 175
santi2020
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem with my wifi router, can you please help me ?

Thank you

Santi

Message 96 of 175

I got a message to Joey Vallejo, Netgear's Design Leadership for UX, Product Design and Digital Experience Strategy regarding our frustrations. He said he'd relay our concerns on to the product and design team. 

I got a message from Martin Westhead, CTO for software at Netgear. He said there are a number of tickets submitted regarding this issue. He also said a fix should be out in the next 24 hours. 

I know how much all of us want to get this app working again as soon as possilbe.

That doesn't mean it will get fixed quickly.

We can just hope so.

Message 97 of 175
DaltonMac
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your efforts!  That is the best news I've heard so far!!!

Message 98 of 175

Message 99 of 175
SoCalProf
Tutor

Just got an update message and updated my app.  It seems to be working now!

Message 100 of 175
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7