Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

mmont00
Tutor

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

Would you mind listing the procedure you used to downgrade the firmware? Thanks!
Message 126 of 175
Phycodes
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7900P.aspx#download

Current is 1.4.1.50 for me so I pulled 1.4.1.30 then went to my admin GUI > Advanced > Administration > Router Update > Browsed the download and uploaded it.

Once everything was back up I checked to see if my devices would appear as I knew I had no issues on this firmware.  The did not.  So I went back to the update module and did a check on the top right and allowed the system to find and install 1.4.1.50 on its own.  Still did not work.

I then unplugged the router and pushed the reset button.  Apparently this won't do anything, just listing it to walk you through my exact steps so then I plugged it back in and held reset pin for 10 seconds and re-setup the router.  Had a few hiccups where the gui wouldn't load but a couple restarts and its workign fine now.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 127 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

Great. Thanks. I will post again if this works for my xr500.
Message 128 of 175
Netgur22
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

Same problem one day after purchase.....ugh
Message 129 of 175
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Netgur22 - May you provide the model number of your router, current firmware version your router is on, and the current Nighthawp app version you have installed (iOS or Android).

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 130 of 175
JJB651
Guide

I have a 3 pack whole home mesh WiFi 6 system mk63 model number mr60, current firmware on my router is v1.0.4.92, & the nighthawk app version I have is 2.5.1.10
Message 131 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

XR 500 router firmware 2.3.2.56
android version 2.5.3.1035
iOS version 2.5.1.10
Message 132 of 175
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JJB651 & mmont00,

Thanks for confirming. Please factory reset your router and run through the setup assistant again. 

Christian

Message 133 of 175
SeanRen
Aspirant

I have the same issue.
Haven’t been able to resolve it.

Tried the following actions:
Rebooted
Factory reset
Uninstalled and reinstalled
Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 134 of 175
mmont00
Tutor

Updated to latest version on android 2.5.4.1036. still doesn't work.
Message 135 of 175
JJB651
Guide

I’m having the same issue with the nighthawk app and the mesh WiFi 6 mk63 system saying no internet connection in yellow letters. It’s a firmware problem I’ve done everything on my behalf to make this work and nothing is working.
Message 136 of 175
MrPChulo
Aspirant

I did what ORKO1978 and it worked temporarily but it went back with the same issue. Anyone else have any luck with this?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 137 of 175
DaSauceUDntWant
Aspirant

I am having sort of the same issue here. I’ve updated everything to the latest firmware but when I use the device manager and try to turn off one of my devices wifi it will let me flip the switch to off but then turns back on and gives me the error message. Can anyone help me?
Message 138 of 175
sumobear
Aspirant

My resolution was to return this router in a exchange for another whose accompanying app works without issue. Unfortunate.
Message 139 of 175
DaSauceUDntWant
Aspirant

I was afraid of that answer. I’m hoping I can try one more thing before resulting to that
Message 140 of 175
sumobear
Aspirant

Understood. I tried everything you did as well. All solutions at best, we’re temporary.
Message 141 of 175
DaSauceUDntWant
Aspirant

Yeah after reading the thread it doesn’t look like I have much of an option I appreciate the response.
Message 142 of 175
sumobear
Aspirant

The only thing I missed from this router was the ability to turn on and off WPA3 on both spectrums. That’s about it tho. Tplink’s wifi6 router is missing that feature
Message 143 of 175
plwhlr
Aspirant

I'm so very disappoitned with NetGears lack of support in the past years. I used to recommend NetGear products, I cannot recommend a company that blantley ignores fixing MAJOR issues with there products. I since junked all my NetGear products and went with a different manufacturer and I have to say what a difference in support (huge plus) ease of use and network speed increase.

Message 144 of 175
DaSauceUDntWant
Aspirant

So what routers did you guys switch to?
Message 145 of 175
plwhlr
Aspirant

TP-link Archer c5400x

Message 146 of 175
DaSauceUDntWant
Aspirant

Ok great thanks for all the advice guys more than likely switching since I have yet to receive word from netgear.
Message 147 of 175
sumobear
Aspirant

TP Link Archer AX10. Even tho WiFi 6 is set to be made obsolete due to WiFi 6e by the end of the year or next, the price was cheaper than netgears comparative router and not that much more expensive than an other reliable WiFi ac router.
Message 148 of 175
Cyousername
Aspirant

There really should be a "thumbs down" response for some of the moderator responses.  I used to think highly of Netgear. I'm not so sure now.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 149 of 175
Dubbbz
Initiate

As this thread is one of the top google responses in the last 12 months I will reply here.  This problem has been ongoing since 2018.   Connected devices appear after a reset then dissapear again.  I canceled my Disney Circle subscription since you can't manage your childrens devices when the router doesn't recognize thier existense. I have tried all of the solutions listed in the thread and more (downgraded firmware, factory reset, restor config, ect).  My devices appear for an hour then dissapear again.  Conclusion:  this router is garbage.    I'm going back to ASUS.

Message 150 of 175
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7