Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

Love the performance of the router but the ability to edit and store device names flat doesn’t work. It’s too bad because this could be a great product w lots of kudos. Many of us like to control our kids time online.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 151 of 154
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

It's definetely a memory leak.  Works great right after a reset, then stops after a few minutes/enough devices connect.

Message 152 of 154
Highlighted
Guide

100% agreed Dubbbz. Absolute trash router and customer support. I’ve realized that Netgear’s focus is not experienced or heavy (many devices) users. One of the other issues I had with this router is that it was assigning duplicate IP addresses to devices which was causing a number of different issues. The OS for the router is trash, settings don’t save properly, it does whatever it wants (blocks and unblocks devices when it feels like it). I scrapped the router and bought Ubiquiti (I went with the Alien model) and have had no issues since. Another thing with the Netgear I never saw speeds above 700 Mbps. When I switched to the Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien router I immediately got 800+ Mbps. I would highly recommend switching to another router.
Message 153 of 154
Highlighted
Aspirant

The nighthawk apps update supposedly fixed this issue but it didn't for me. I am hoping with the new software coming up it will fix this issue and hopefully everything else.

Message 154 of 154
Top Contributors
Announcements