Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

tolson37
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

Love the performance of the router but the ability to edit and store device names flat doesn’t work. It’s too bad because this could be a great product w lots of kudos. Many of us like to control our kids time online.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 151 of 175
wldthng842
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try...

It's definetely a memory leak.  Works great right after a reset, then stops after a few minutes/enough devices connect.

Message 152 of 175
miocevicd
Guide

100% agreed Dubbbz. Absolute trash router and customer support. I’ve realized that Netgear’s focus is not experienced or heavy (many devices) users. One of the other issues I had with this router is that it was assigning duplicate IP addresses to devices which was causing a number of different issues. The OS for the router is trash, settings don’t save properly, it does whatever it wants (blocks and unblocks devices when it feels like it). I scrapped the router and bought Ubiquiti (I went with the Alien model) and have had no issues since. Another thing with the Netgear I never saw speeds above 700 Mbps. When I switched to the Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien router I immediately got 800+ Mbps. I would highly recommend switching to another router.
Message 153 of 175
MrPChulo
Aspirant

The nighthawk apps update supposedly fixed this issue but it didn't for me. I am hoping with the new software coming up it will fix this issue and hopefully everything else.

Message 154 of 175
Armzilla
Aspirant

Re: NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try ag

My device manager is the only option that doesn’t work. With my kids being home schooled I want to ensure they aren’t playing games online and getting distracted. It’s upsetting that your product doesn’t work. Looks like I’m going to have to buy another brand. It’s been like this for months!
Message 155 of 175
JJB651
Guide

This is an on going problem since I bought this past April. Netgear released 5 updates and the problem still occurs. That’s why Netgear is losing there customer for things like this. Unacceptable not they behalf.
Message 156 of 175

@Armzilla wrote:
My device manager is the only option that doesn’t work. With my kids being home schooled I want to ensure they aren’t playing games online and getting distracted.

It isn't obvious to me what you are trying to do and why "device manager" is the problem. If you can explain the issue then perhaps someone can suggests ways to achieve what you want.

Device manager works fine here. I can see and control devices.

Let's start with the device you are trying to manage with the Nighthawk app. A router? Which one?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Which app is this? Android? iOS?

What are you hoping to do with the app? Turn things on and off? Manage some form of parental controls?

Is this with a local connection of "Anywhere" access?

@Armzilla wrote:
It’s upsetting that your product doesn’t work. Looks like I’m going to have to buy another brand. It’s been like this for months!

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear  techies. So talk of "your product" is a bit off track for this place.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

One final comment, you don't seem to have started a discussion anywhere else for your problem. You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

Message 157 of 175
dpweller
Guide

This has been broken for over a year now and still no fix. It is absolutely ridiculous!

I can’t tell you how many times I have uninstalled the app and reset my router to get it to work. Oh wait, I can. After every new version of the app is release since September 2019. 19 freakin updates of the app and it’s still broken.

Get it together Netgear.
Message 158 of 175
TonySkates
Aspirant

Hi

Same problem here.  I bought it last Friday, installed it the same day and all appeared fine, the firmware version was V1.0.0.206 and it automatically updated to V1.0.0.210 although this did not happen smoothly!

The problem I have is intermittent, yesterday morning it found 6 devices 4 on 5 GHz and 2 on 2.4 happy days - or so I thought!  However to get that far I’ve had to factory reset three times.  While it was fine during the day by the evening nothing.  Worse still it wouldn’t open the device part of the App, it wouldn’t do a speed test or much else really.  I turned the WiFi off and then back on again and while the allowed me to click on Device Manager and the enter the device list it was still empty and also the speed test unavailable.  BTW I’m only using the speed test as a method of seeing what’s available within the system.

So there we are NETGEAR it looks like someone somewhere hasn’t thought things through, causing your customers frustration and many wasted hours!  Either it get sorted or it gets returned because I’ve got better things to do that reset Nighthawk every five minutes.

I’m using IOS

Cheers Tony

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 159 of 175
Josh1mcg0wan
Aspirant

I have tried everything and no luck! Factory reset.....nothing. Deleted app and reinstalled it.......nothing. What gives?
Message 160 of 175

@Josh1mcg0wan wrote:
I have tried everything and no luck! Factory reset.....nothing. Deleted app and reinstalled it.......nothing. What gives?

You've joined in on an old and long running discussion. If you want to grab attention, especially from the Netgear team, you'd do better to start a new conversation.,

As it is, we know nothing about your hardware or what you mean by "I have tried everything".

Message 161 of 175
RxToni
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK APP DEVICE MANAGER WONT SHOW DEVICES GIVES Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again. I can’t seem to login, reboot or check firmware updates. It won’t allow me to do anything and now I can’t access internet on my iPad. Not sure what else to do because every time I try to login, it always times out or it says error. Please I need an immediate fix, this is unacceptable. I need wifi to do my work!!!
Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 162 of 175

Sorry, but you aren't likely to get a personalised response to a message stuck on the end of a long running discussion that has wandered all over the place. Start a new conversation with full details of your issue. It helps if you answer the questions posed in the community header. 

Message 163 of 175
JFree13
Aspirant

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 164 of 175
Ric123
Aspirant

I have same issues. On phone 3 hours and cameras are visible on my security screen but my phone app says Opps no devices detected. I have tried everything . Deleting app. Resetting. Please help
Message 165 of 175
Ric123
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Please help me
Message 166 of 175
Ric123
Aspirant

Horrible customer service. On phone total 4 hours and mostly wait time and have me go through each step over and over. Still " opps no devices found on my android
Message 167 of 175
Ric123
Aspirant

Dexter
Please advise me what to do as my cameras work and did 6 reboot with customer service. On phone deleted app many times and reinstalled and continues w opps no devices found. Please help me
Message 168 of 175
Frecks03
Aspirant

I'm having issues with this too. I've tried a factory reset but still comes back with my login details that I created. I'm holding reset for a good 30 seconds. Still struggling to see devices and it has kicked my tvs and xbox off but phones have stayed fine. Any help would be great
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 169 of 175
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck.

@Frecks03 wrote:
I'm having issues with this too. I've tried a factory reset but still comes back with my login details that I created. I'm holding reset for a good 30 seconds. Still struggling to see devices and it has kicked my tvs and xbox off but phones have stayed fine. Any help would be great

Message 170 of 175
jbclavaud
Tutor

On my MR80 + MS80 satellites,I did solve it by creating a new account (using an alternate email address).

Step1 Delete the App (I'm on iOS)

Step2: Reinstall the App

Step 3: Open teh App and cretae a new account with an alternate email address.

I'm quite positive that steps 1 and 2 were not needed. Looks more like a sort of profiel corruption on Netgear's servers.

All back to normal with normal with the list of devices showing up properly.

I did report the bug too with the bug report feature in the App.

Message 171 of 175
Retired_Member
Not applicable

jbclavaud,  What version of nigthhawk app are you running?

I'm running 2.11.0.11 on my MK63, under Device Manager, i can see all 25 devices that connected to 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

If i tap MR60 i can see both MS1 and MS2 connected to MR60. 

If i tap MR60, it shows all devices that connected to MR60, 5 devices connected to 2.4ghz and 8 devices connected to 5ghz. 

Everything seems to work,

The problem is that if i tap either MS1 or MS2, there is 0 device conneted.

So far i can only depend on the Device manager to see which device is on/connected. 

Message 172 of 175
jbclavaud
Tutor

My iOS app version is 2.11.6.0
I had the same issue with the previous version as well that’s why I decided to try a new account.
Message 173 of 175
btv_94
Guide

New version = same problem.

Current connection: both MS1 and MS2 connect to MR as wired backhaul. I get full speed test everywhere inside the house (400-430mbps). This is where nighthawk app has problem.

I also tried connect both MS1 and MS2  to MR as WiFi/wireless backhaul, but my speed test at MS area can only get around 140mbps (1/3 speed) and yet the nighthawk app works without any problem. Both MS show all the devices that connected.

For now I'm just going to wait and see if newer version will ever solve the problem. 

Thanks,

Message 174 of 175
MCharleston
Aspirant

Did the new account fix it? I have tried a few things, but still can't see the Device Manager in the app. 

Message 175 of 175
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7