Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIghthawk 63 AC4000

Routerthumbs
Follower

NIghthawk 63 AC4000

I can log in on the Netgear app with my phone.  I can update firmware and check a few other things as well.  However, all of a sudden the security section (which I have previously managed) says "This device is registered (to my husbands's e-mail) , Log in under this account)

Why, all of a sudden can I not check the security (protocol) on this router when I have done so in the past?  Was there a software change with Netgear or what is going on?

Thank you,

Routerthumbs

Message 1 of 2

Re: NIghthawk 63 AC4000

Which Netgear device do you own?

AC4000 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

R8000P?

I can update firmware and check a few other things as well. 

If you mean that you can get the app (iOS? Android?) to check for new firmware, that can miss updates.

The only reliable check is to look at the firmware version, the number, and to compare it with the ones available on the support pages for your device.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Why, all of a sudden can I not check the security (protocol) on this router when I have done so in the past? 

Which protocol is this? Many of the router's settings are not available on the app. You have to go in with the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7