Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIghthawk app change phone number for 2FA

flowjoe
Guide

NIghthawk app change phone number for 2FA

In reference to the Nighthawk mobile app, I had to change my phone and number, after logging in where do I change the # so I can use it for 2-factor authortization? There exists an option to change the email address but not the phone number. Netgear's site is not very user friendly, ugh.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
flowjoe
Guide

Hello All:

After working directly with Netgear support, this is how I was able to update / change my phone number when one has the iPhone/iOS application (apparently this is not a problem with Android, but I cannot confirm this):

1. Login to Nighthawk app, click Home icon at the top left, click Account Management > Login Settings > Two-Step Verification > (after app circle finishes "whirling") > SMS Text Message > Left swipe on your number to "Remove Device"

- Note: If you don't have this, or did it already then skip to the next step

2. Login to my.meural.com  The Log In button is at the top right. Next I had to identify myself through email verification, then you can either choose to "Trust" or "Don't Trust" the browser; only choose Trust if you are on a private device.

3.  Click in the circle with your initials where the login button was located. Click on Account Settings.

4.  Click Login Settings > Two Step Verification > click the "Add SMS Verification" button, and then enter the code that comes to your mobile device. Now you should be all set.

5. You can verify by logging back into the Nighthawk app (refer to step 1) to confirm that your number has been added and updated.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully a forum moderator can help you out.

@Christian_R 

Message 2 of 3
flowjoe
Guide

Hello All:

After working directly with Netgear support, this is how I was able to update / change my phone number when one has the iPhone/iOS application (apparently this is not a problem with Android, but I cannot confirm this):

1. Login to Nighthawk app, click Home icon at the top left, click Account Management > Login Settings > Two-Step Verification > (after app circle finishes "whirling") > SMS Text Message > Left swipe on your number to "Remove Device"

- Note: If you don't have this, or did it already then skip to the next step

2. Login to my.meural.com  The Log In button is at the top right. Next I had to identify myself through email verification, then you can either choose to "Trust" or "Don't Trust" the browser; only choose Trust if you are on a private device.

3.  Click in the circle with your initials where the login button was located. Click on Account Settings.

4.  Click Login Settings > Two Step Verification > click the "Add SMS Verification" button, and then enter the code that comes to your mobile device. Now you should be all set.

5. You can verify by logging back into the Nighthawk app (refer to step 1) to confirm that your number has been added and updated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7