Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Neghthawk App

jnb9265
Aspirant

Neghthawk App

Unable to access my router by using the Nighthawk app.  I get a logon timed out, please tryagain if this issues persists, try rebooting your device

I have rebooted both my mobile device and router several times still geting error message.

I can sign on to router by going to routerlogon.com and using my admin credentials

only when using the app ....I have removed app from phone and reinstall.  Using Android.  I had been able to access through the app until yesterday

I downloaded night hawk app on my iPad i did get the error message but got a option to access anywhere...i selected that and its saying my device is offline but i am connected to the router.

Message 1 of 11

@jnb9265 wrote:

Unable to access my router by using the Nighthawk app.  I get a logon timed out, please tryagain if this issues persists, try rebooting your device

Which router? What is the firmware on it?

What modem/gateway sits in front of it?

Message 2 of 11
jnb9265
Aspirant

Router is a r6400v2 attached to an Arris CM820A cable modem

Firmware is v1.0.4.122_10.0.95

Message 3 of 11

@jnb9265 wrote:

Router is a r6400v2 attached to an Arris CM820A cable modem

Standard modem. No router to get in the way.

Firmware is v1.0.4.122_10.0.95

Not the latest, although it should still work. But worth getting the newest:

R6400v2 Firmware Version 1.0.4.126 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 11
jnb9265
Aspirant

when i go through routerlogon.com Advanced, Administration Router Update.   It comes back with no new firmware version available.

Message 5 of 11

@jnb9265 wrote:

when i go through routerlogon.com Advanced, Administration Router Update.   It comes back with no new firmware version available.

Unfortunately, that is not always reliable. It can miss recent updates. Some never seem to show up there.

A manual update is the preferred option.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 11
jnb9265
Aspirant

U

i updated firmware still getting logon timed out error message

Message 7 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If you are on a phone make sure you are connected to the nighthawk's wifi and you may try disabling your mobile data connection and then try to log into the router.

Message 8 of 11
jnb9265
Aspirant

Disabled cellular service on connected to the Wi-Fi I uninstalled and reinstalled the app I'm still getting that log on script error
Message 9 of 11
frankburke007
Aspirant

Hey,

Which router you are using right now??? Kindly tell me about the router specifications and model.

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
jnb9265
Aspirant

Using a r6400v2 router with Firmware being v1.0.4.122_10.0.95.

I am using both a iPad and a Google pixel 3 which have both been used to connect to router their appropriate apps...uninstalled and reinstalled apps. I know the password and userid are coorect as I can sign in there the router login.com url

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7