Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGenie doesn't work with my router

AlexWaltz
Aspirant

NetGenie doesn't work with my router

I've setup my Nighthawk R7000 router and used the NetGenie app to enable parental controls.  Once this was done, I sent the OpenDNS default filtering level to high.  I then used the Network Map in NetGenie to reduce the filtering level to moderate on my laptop.

What I'm finding is that the lower filtering level on my laptop does not work.  While the filtering level might be set to moderate, there is actually no filtering taking place.  I know this because I tested out some sites that should have been blocked but they were not.

I had OpenDNS reset my account and I have also reset my router to factory defaults, but the issue remains. My Nighthawk R7000 router is using the newest firmware available when I check for updates and that firmware version is V1.0.7.6_1.1.99.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NetGenie doesn't work with my router

Hi @AlexWaltz,

1. Please make sure that the DNS values on the router UI are set to  208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

2. Are all devices affected?

3. Please make sure that the settings are in sync when you login to https://netgear.opendns.com/sign_in.php.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Adewale
Luminary

shouldn't this post be titled "Parental control doesn't work with my Router"?

Message 2 of 6
AlexWaltz
Aspirant

@Adewale, Symantics I guess, the question remains the same.

Message 3 of 6
Adewale
Luminary

hmmm...actually its not semantics...Parental control is a feature in Genie but Genie does a lot more than parental control...so when you title your post wrongly, you dont get help as quickly as you should

Message 4 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AlexWaltz,

1. Please make sure that the DNS values on the router UI are set to  208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

2. Are all devices affected?

3. Please make sure that the settings are in sync when you login to https://netgear.opendns.com/sign_in.php.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AlexWaltz,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7