Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetWare app reports that my modem is not supported

AnasaziDan
Aspirant

NetWare app reports that my modem is not supported

My router is an ASUS  RT – AC66U and I run DD-WRT software on that platform. The NETWARE app on my iPhone 7 reports that my router is not supported. On my PC I am running Windows 10 latest version. In Is there a remedy for support for my router/software configuration?

Message 1 of 5

Re: NetWare app reports that my modem is not supported

@AnasaziDan wrote:

My router is an ASUS  RT – AC66U and I run DD-WRT software on that platform.

You have some sort of Netgear device on your network? Your subject mentions a  modem. Is that it?

If not, this is the wrong place to ask for help with an Asus router. Different brand altogether. Not likely to work with Netgear's Nighthawk App, which is the subject to this bit of the Netgear community.

Come to think of it, Asus  might also not be the best people to ask about a router that runs on third party firmware, if that is what you mean by DD-WRT software.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

ALso if you run DD-WRT on your router, then you should check out DD-WRTs web page and support forums as well for there FW products. 

Good Luck. 

@AnasaziDan wrote:

My router is an ASUS  RT – AC66U and I run DD-WRT software on that platform. The NETWARE app on my iPhone 7 reports that my router is not supported. On my PC I am running Windows 10 latest version. In Is there a remedy for support for my router/software configuration?

Message 3 of 5
AnasaziDan
Aspirant

This is what I am attempting.

2. Launch a web browser.
3. Enter Mywifiext_net in the address field of the browser.
The login screen displays.
4. Click the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button.
The Create Account screen displays.
5. Complete the fields to set up your user name and password.

2021-07-31_15-15-18.jpgWhen I arrive at the Netgear NEW EXTENDER SETUP window, I am asked to set up an account. But when I have entered my data, the NEXT button is grayed out so that I am not able to create the account and proceed.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 4 of 5

@AnasaziDan wrote:

When I arrive at the Netgear NEW EXTENDER SETUP window, I am asked to set up an account.

We still have no idea what Netgear device you have. Just some Asus thing that has nothing to do with this place and, as @FURRYe38 suggests, may also not be something that Asus can help with given that you are running third party firmware.

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

It may be some time before you image lands. To ensure that you aren't posting anything naughty, a Netgear moderator has to approve the pictures.

You can attach images to messages without any delay.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7