Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Fiber Optic Modem

Dawg_One
Aspirant

Netgear Fiber Optic Modem

I am searching for a netgear fiber optic modem. I have moved to an area where my cable modem is not compatible with my service. We now have fiber optic service. A CAT-VI cable is ran from the D-Mark to a RJ-45 jack in my computer room. I have to use the subscribers huge modem. I would rather use my own modem. I have a Nighthawk R8000 router and love it. Because there is no input on my cable modem (netgear cm500) for a CAT-V or CAT-VI, it is useless. I need a fiber optic modem product to replace the cable modem or a converter if there is such a part. Can someone help me with a part number for a netgear fiber optic modem or any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Fiber Optic Modem

Hi @Dawg_One,

Welcome to the community!

1. Have you tried connecting the CAT6 cable from the ISP straight to the WAN port of the R8000 and set it up that way?

2. What model is the modem that was supplied?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Dawg_One
Aspirant

Hey Dexter,

I appreciate your response.  I took your advice.  I connected the cat-VI cable from the wall into a Netgear-GS-605 5-port gigabit ethernet switch.  Then out of the switch, I connected a cat-VI cable to the Netgear Nighthawk X-6 Model 8000.  Everything works fine.  Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Dawg_One,

Thanks for the confirmation. Glad to know you got working!

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7