Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie App Closes after opening on Windows 10 after recent Genie update

graysa23
Aspirant

Netgear Genie App Closes after opening on Windows 10 after recent Genie update

Recently went in to Netgear Genie on my PC to check for updates for my modem. It wouldn't run the full check for some reason. It did however say there was an update for Genie so I clicked and updated the Genie app. Following this the Genie app now starts and closed after about 5-10 seconds everytime. Any help ?? Windows 10 PC.
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Genie App Closes after opening on Windows 10 after recent Genie update

Hi @graysa23,

Welcome to the community!

You can try uninstalling the Genie app then re-install it from this link.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
graysa23
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Genie App Closes after opening on Windows 10 after recent Genie update

Hi

Thanks for that.

I did that multiple times and still get the same result unfortunately.

Message 3 of 7
graysa23
Aspirant

Anything further to try ??
Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @graysa23,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
wmibr
Aspirant

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem, I have uninstall and installed couple time, installed from the link provided on this forum, unfortunately it doesn't work, I don't know what to do. please help thank you

Message 6 of 7
graysa23
Aspirant

All I was told was to use the online router log in. They could log it with support and it might go through and be fixed in an upgrade to the program in the future but other than that it doesn’t work.

Go figure
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7