Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie Does not work to bypass parental control

varsur
Aspirant

Netgear Genie Does not work to bypass parental control

I have installed Netgear Genie on MAC and when I goto Parental Control I am not able to move forward as I want to add ByPass account. I get below message. I am connected to internet using this router. I have added bypass account on my IPhone but it does not work on my MAC and iPad. I have tried to connect to router using direct cable. Router firmware is V1.1.00.15.

MAC Version is 10.10.3
============================================
Checking router firmware

Were making sure you have firmware that supports Live Parental Controls.

You dont appear to be connected to the internet. Please connect to the internet through the Netgear router and try again.

Appreciate if someone can help on this.

Message 1 of 8
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Genie. Make sure that the devices are connected wirelessly to the NETGEAR router.
Message 2 of 8
varsur
Aspirant

Tried all that but no luck. It seems netgear genie is having issues with MAC. Everything else works. Just parental control does not work.
Message 3 of 8
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Can you the IP address of the devices?
Message 4 of 8
varsur
Aspirant

Do you mean can I ping IP Address or device or what is the ip address of the device. I can ping IP Address of the device and the IP Address is 192.192.192.1
Message 5 of 8
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Did you change the IP address of the router? The default IP is 192.168.1.1.
Message 6 of 8
varsur
Aspirant

Yes I have changed the IP Address of the router to 192.192.192.1. I am not sure why would it work fine on my iPhone but not on MAC.

Message 7 of 8
S-Warren
Guide

@varsur wrote:

I have installed Netgear Genie on MAC and when I goto Parental Control I am not able to move forward as I want to add ByPass account. I get below message. I am connected to internet using this router. I have added bypass account on my IPhone but it does not work on my MAC and iPad. I have tried to connect to router using direct cable. Router firmware is V1.1.00.15.

MAC Version is 10.10.3
Checking router firmware

Were making sure you have firmware that supports Live Parental Controls.

You dont appear to be connected to the internet. Please connect to the internet through the Netgear router and try again.

Appreciate if someone can help on this.

@varsur,

What I did to get things working was first create an OpenDNS account and configure two Bypass accounts from there. Then I used Genie to setup Parental Controls and used my login for OpenDNS then Genie happily setup everything else.

I suggest you create an OpenDNS account first and create your Bypass accounts, then use Genie to setup Parental Controls.

Go here to create OpenDNS account:  https://www.opendns.com/

Go here to log into Netgear.OpenDNS to create Bypass Accounts:  https://netgear.opendns.com

Use the sign-in from OpenDNS to log into netgear.opendns.com

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7