Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie - Network Map not loading remotely on iOS app

jonwort
Tutor

Netgear Genie - Network Map not loading remotely on iOS app

Hi
I am having problems getting my Netgear Genie for iOS v2.4.38 (on iPhone with iOS 10.2.1) to load the full 'Network Map' when connecting by remote access via 3G.

I have a D7000 Nighthawk modem with firmware V1.0.1.44 logged to my Netgear account via ReadyShare. The USB drive can be successfully browser-accessed remotely from the iPhone via readycloud.netgear.com.

If I log in my Genie for iOS ‘At home’ on my home network, the ‘Network Map’ loads fully to show all devices connected to the D7000 (as when using Genie for Desktop). Traffic Meter and Wireless settings are also available.

On the other hand, if I log in from the iPhone by ‘Remote access’ via 3G (wi-fi switched off, Genie enabled to access Mobile Data), I get to my Netgear account and can connect to the D7000 which shows as ‘Online’ for the connection, with cloud symbols for the Genie dashboard options as expected.

In the case of ‘Remote access’, only the D7000 and the iPhone show on the Network Map (the D7000 icon actually shows it as ‘offline’). However, I can still get to the Traffic Meter and Wireless settings. I tried deleting and reinstalling from the iPhone but with the same result.

If I use the Genie for Desktop app v 2.4.36 to access remotely via 3G using my iPhone as a hotspot, I can get the full Network Map (i.e. all connected devices as ‘At Home’) as well as the Traffic Meter and Wireless settings.

I was really hoping to be able to get access the Network Map remotely from my iPhone, even though having the Traffic Meter is better than nothing.

Has anyone else run into this problem with the Network Map on Genie for iOS; is there something I have missed when setting Genie or the D7000 up, or is it just a software issue? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks, Jon

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Genie - Network Map not loading remotely on iOS app

Network mapping on Genie needs to be urgently rework from basement to the roof what ever OS you are using!!!

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7