Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie android app cannot login

southernclipper
Aspirant

I checked for both Ipad and iphone and the only version available is 2.4.18, that is the latest available. Do you know when they might push out the update at Apple App Store. 

Thanks for the quick reply

Steve

Message 26 of 43
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @southernclipper,

If the latest update has not yet been pushed out for you, what you can do as a temporary work around is to setup a router password that is at least 8 characters long then, the login button should be enabled on the NETGEAR Genie app.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 27 of 43
JohnML
Aspirant

With the latest version of Genie for Android (2.4.20) getting this message "Netgear router is not found or is no supported....." It's the X4 R7500 router which is supported on the list. Geniw is not working now (was fine) with my Android phone or Samsung android tablet. Thoughts?

Message 28 of 43
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JohnML,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Have you tried using a different device (iOS device, computer)?

3. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 29 of 43
JohnML
Aspirant

It the V1.0.0.92

Tries two android devices, Galaxy S5 phone with latest 5.0 and Samsung Tab Pro w/ android 5.0. Was working a while ago (last time I tired it) and not now. Yes, uninstalled and reinstalled on both devices. FYI (not related to the issue) just purchased and installed the Netgear EX7000 Extender, set up easy and works great!

Message 30 of 43
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JohnML,

I was able to test on the same router with the same firmware and it works fine. Please make sure that you are connected to the router's network and not the extender's network when logging in on any of your devices.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 31 of 43
southland
Tutor

Hi Guys,

Im using the latest firmware, latest iOS app. Still get the message power cycle router and try again.

Logged in on the same network as android devices which login fine.

I quit trying, moving to tplink.

Thanks,

Message 32 of 43
JohnML
Aspirant

I'm for sure on the same network (not the extender) and I did get it to work a few times with my phone but never with my tablet. But the next time I try it, same message. Seems like either an App stability issue or it's just not allowed to recognize my router.

Message 33 of 43
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JohnML,

For isolation purposes, I recommend performing a firmware re-flash then reset and reconfigure the router. You may refer to the links below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 34 of 43
ShaggyRogers
Aspirant

Genie lets me Login from kindle fire or Android 4.4. But multiple Android 5.1 phones fail.
Message 35 of 43
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ShaggyRogers,

1. What is the model number and firmware version of your router?

2. What is the version of the NETGEAR Genie app that you have installed?

3. Are there other devices (computers) that are able to login through the program/app?

4. Was it working before with the Android 5.1 phones?

5. What are the model numbers of those devices?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 36 of 43
terraferme
Guide

First time using the Forum and will see if this'll work since I'm past my warranty.

I have an R7000 router from Netgear. Check.

I have a Windows 10 computer with latest updates. Check.

I can login using 192.165.1.1 and it says that there are no new firmware updates so that should mean I have the latest firmware for my router. Check.

Using the Netgear Genie PC App, it will not login. It will time out. Check.

Using the Netgear Genie App for iPod Touch 5 Generation with all the latest updates, it will not login. Check.

The Genie Apps did work previously even though I didn't really change anything on them. I updated the router a while back and the apps suddenly stopped working. Have power cycled before update when modem stopped working and Genie apps still worked. Have power cycled since and Genie apps still don't work. Check. Check. Check. Check.

Next step would be...?

Message 37 of 43
ShaggyRogers
Aspirant

You need to download the router firmware again. Then manually install it to the router from a pc connected directly through an Ethernet cable, NOT through a wireless connection. Did this and my connectivity was restored.

Message 38 of 43
terraferme
Guide

And how would I do that? Manually installing I mean?  My computer is already hooked up via Ethernet. 

Message 39 of 43
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @terraferme,

You may refer to the links below on how to manually update the router's firmware then reset to factory settings.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 40 of 43
terraferme
Guide

Hurray! It works again! At least, it does on my PC.  I'll check my iPod later when I have time. Thanks so much to both of you for the help!

Kind of odd though when my firmware went from 1.0.5.something to 1.0.4.30...

Guess that would explain why it wasn't working. Don't know why or how I was able to update to that other firmware...

Message 41 of 43
meetjagmeet
Aspirant

Do we have a fix for Android, I am still not able to login on latest firmware and latest app.
Message 42 of 43
ShaggyRogers
Aspirant

Manual restore router firmware from Ethernet cable connected notebook or PC. Sadly keeps happening with recent Android updates. This manual restoration of the firmware fixes the issue each time for me.
Message 43 of 43
Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7