Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie for Windows Phone 8.1

mh4566
Novice

Netgear Genie for Windows Phone 8.1

Hi

Would anyone on here know how I can get the Genie app for my Windows Phone as had my mobile contract renewed and I can't find it on the Windows Store. I can find it on the Windows Phone Apps website itself but it says that its no longer published, it was last updated 15/11/2013. I would like Genie to be available for Windows Phone as I can't return my upgrade phone back to the mobile company as its return policy is 2 weeks but had the phone for 2 months now as only found out the genie no longer made this week as I can't access a lot of sites as opendns parental controls are turned on as got young kids in the house.

I would like the developer to consider republishing the genie app for windows phone 8.1 and upcoming windows 10 phone
Regards

Message 1 of 7
TFHDC
Novice

I registered on the forums to ask this exact question. Are there any plans to provide Netgear Genie app in Windows Store? It is needed for Windows tablets and phones.
Message 2 of 7
mh4566
Novice

Can someone from Netgear please reply to this discussion as this is has now been open for nearly one month now.
Message 3 of 7
lurzan
Novice

Unfortunately, right now Netgear Genie app is not available for Windows phone. When it's available, you can find in the link below. http://www.netgear.com/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx
Message 4 of 7
mh4566
Novice

ok would you know when it will be available and will it work with windows phone 8.1 and windows phone 10
Message 5 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

It is uncertain if NETGEAR will create a Genie version for Windows phone. As of now this is only available for Android and iOS.
Message 6 of 7
mh4566
Novice

Ok so if it is uncertain that there will be a Genie for Windows 8.1 & 10 phone. So that would mean that I now have 3 Windows 8.1 Phones in the household that can't do a lot on the internet as i asked Genie to block some websites which I don't really what to unblock, and now I can't return them to the Mobile Provider as they are 5 months old now. Well if this is how it is that a updated app of Genie can't be made and dispatched for Windows Phone, which means that I will have to find a better router manufacture that can deliver me the requests that I need for the household.

I would like to have a Collegue from Technical Support to send me a private message by tomorrow afternoon 03/06/2015 or I will complain to a supervisor about this as it is really stupid of not supporting Windows Phones anymore.

Kind Regards
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7