Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie for iPhone is getting router not found or not supported since 10/5/16 upload

Smlucas
Aspirant

Netgear Genie for iPhone is getting router not found or not supported since 10/5/16 upload

after downloading the latest version of Netgear Genie for iPhone I'm getting "router not found or not supported". Nothing on my network has changed except for this app in over a year. In home wifi works everyday and all devices can communicate. I have a WNDR3400v2 router and I'm trying to access the router as I have every week in the past from an iPhone running iOS Vers. 9.3.5.

Today is 10/10/16. The Netgear genie I'm running is 2.4.3 Dated 10/5/16. My router firmware version is V1.0.0.52. BTW the Windows Vers 2.4.32 works okay on Windows 7
Message 1 of 5
r7000users
Tutor

Re: Netgear Genie for iPhone is getting router not found or not supported since 10/5/16 upload

I only used the app for local management as I didn't enable remote management feature.   I also found the new IOS app no longer discover my router.  I found a workaround by I select "Enter router's IP Address manually" and type in the IP address of the router.   

Message 2 of 5
KenS2016
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Genie for iPhone is getting router not found or not supported since 10/5/16 upload

Thank you so much!  Manually inputting the IP address worked!  Never had to do that before, but the Genie app on my iPhone is now working again.  You are a superstar!

Message 3 of 5
rameshms
Aspirant

I didn't get a chance to try manually input of IP address. The recent update fixed the issue.

I received an email from Netgear support asking me to remove the app and reinstall it. 

It worked but then problem came back again. Also it wiped out all the names i had for my devices 😞

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rameshms,

If you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the iOS app, please try rebooting the router.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7