Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie

Sue4711
Novice

Netgear Genie

I have installed Netgear Genie today on my husbands notebook and everything works fine.
But, whenever I start printing something from my iPad the Adobe Reader opens on the notebook and also the file I am going to print. That's annoying for my husband, who's working on his laptop. 😮
The Adobe Reader also opens if I don't print a pdf-file. It a l w a y s opens. How can we stop this and how can we maybe stop the preview of the file I want to print, too?

Message 1 of 4
yifei
Aspirant

That is AirPrint feature, you can use NETGEAR Genie to convert a regular printer to an AirPrint-capable printer. Then you can use AirPrint on your iPhone to print wirelessly.
If you wish off it , can choose "AirPrint" from the menu, and uncheck your print.:)
Message 2 of 4
Sue4711
Novice

Thanks for your answer, yifei. Yes, I know this is AirPrint, I need it to print with my iPad. But there's no reason why these screens always open on my husband's notebook screen, when I start printing with the iPad. There must be a way to stop that. :confused:
Message 3 of 4
yifei
Aspirant

Because Genie use Adobe print interface to print document, so when you print document Genie will call adobe print interface, and you will see these screens, you can just close it.(adobe print interface can not close by other app)
If you print picture from your iPad, Genie will use Custom print interface , so you will not see screens.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7